bob16p:: My new BHP figures... advance or retard?

pietro

Ex. Club Member
Bob... quick question...

What power do you think my engine will be making now using the standard carb with all my other mods (see sig below) giving that these are the standard figures for a 1.2 micra:

60.0 bhp @5600 rpm
69 lbft @3200 rpm

Also should fuel economy increase from standard due to higher compression and will advance or retard help top end power?

Thanks ;)

not alot more than standard 6 to 10bhp maybe
dont no about the others,fuel wise bit more than standard because of the cam

bob i got 12bhp over standard on a rolling road with just a 4-2-1 and air filter so i got a feeling its more than 10bhp imo

bob i got 12bhp over standard on a rolling road with just a 4-2-1 and air filter so i got a feeling its more than 10bhp imo

id get second reading mate those mobile rolling roads are terrible inaccurate, i got 64bhp from an ma10 with just a single weber 34 ich and a filter, and theres no way i gained that much seeing as the car had 50 bhp standard lol i had it redone on a much better RR and it was 56bhp much more accurate lol.

i have the graph somewhere said i had 94ft/lb of torque as well (YEAH! Right! lol)

pauls k10 had 74bhp at the fly with the bike carbs and a 4-2-1 manifold and that was very quick and that was eliminating the most restrictive part of the engine.

had the Mr2 done on several RR as well and they are always different readings some say its got more power some say less...

you got a graph of the run you had done?

Should have come along to the surrey r/r day i did.

well im getting it on another rolling road end of this month with a car club for a play and tweak so i will comfirm the results

i do have a print out but i havent scaned it yet as i cbf installing the scanner as its a pain in the ass to do

oh and ive also tweaked my timing 4 degrees advanced over standard timing

couriors is running 2 degrees advanced over standard timing and his is damn quick for a totally standard engine but its done hardly any miles and is in good condition

The biggest and most rubbish thing on the K10 is the ignition system. Only the 1.2 ECC K10 has anything worth talking about, but then the stock engine is so de-tuned.

pietro, was there any reason why the vac wasn't connected on the webbers? i noticed you had it blocked off on both the carbs ;)

BTW if a car is now running less power, due to restriction etc, you could run more advance.. (generally)

Back