Shall I get a new car? or do up my basic 1.2 K12?

Hey,

I have had my black Micra 1.2 Visia for nearly 3 years and i am stumped for what i should do next... I used to have an 08 1.5 TDI but i traded it in for a smaller engine (cheaper insurance etc) Now my boyfriend has bought a Fabia Monte Carlo 1.6 TDI and i miss my diesel so much after driving his :'(

What do i do? Do i trade it in for a diesel? or do i do mine up so it looks a bit more flashy...

If i decide to do it up i want to do the following to it: will this cost a ridiculous amount? am i better off getting a flashier car?
  • Wing mirror, side panels and door handle covers - at the moment they are a dull black and seem to be turning grey due to overuse
  • alloys - i currently have 13" trims and i would love 15" alloys with some low profile tyres
  • possibility of body kit?
  • spoiler (not a huge ugly thing, just a neat flick to make it look faster... than a 1.2!!)
I thank you in advance for any comments/advice :)

VV

None of those things are that expensive... Alloys could be if they were brought new, but im sure a look on ebay will find you a bargain :) and whether or not you get a diesel depends really on how long most of your journeys are...

I would exchange it for a K12 dci

Either:
pre-facelift Sport+ (82ps) <rather rare ;)
...or facelift Tekna (88ps)

cheap tax (£30) cheap insurance (group 5/20 or 13/50)...body coloured wing mirror caps and door handles..."16 inch alloys (standard)
nicer interior than a standard visia, and equipment too (fogs/multi CD player)

oh...and a spoiler ;)

up to you of course ^_^

in the mean time....get a bit of peanut butter on your greying plastics, the oils in it will bring back the black shine ;)

ETA:
whether or not you get a diesel depends really on how long most of your journeys are...

I don't do a lot of miles at all... but I still save over £100 on tax and around £100 on fuel cost each year compared to my old 1.0 K11 ;)

£30 tax instead of £140(?) and 65 MPG instead of 40...even with the extra 5p per litre...I still save ;)

Never heard of peanut butter used in this way have you approached auto glym with your findings? wonder what it does to your insides lol

Autoglym probably wouldn't recommend it...no matter how much we say it works :p
I'm surprised that turltewax/autoglym/carplan haven't come out with a trim restoring oil of some kind as that is waht it is about the peanut butter that does the trick...
of course if you're allergic to nuts, other oils work just as well (linseed/vegetable etc..) used sparingly of course :p

Back