Blown Turbo

does anyone know where i can find part numbers for 2005 k12 Micra? My turbo on the 1.5 DCI has passed away and i have found something similar on ebay but want to be 100% before buying....

how do you know the turbo has gone?
how many miles etc etc...

cos a blown turbo has the same symptoms as a secondary air control solonoid sticking.
and one of those is £8..lol

check all vaccum lines, egr valves, secondary air pumps and electronic pneumatic solonoid switches, even one of these not working correctly can see the same results as a blown turbo.
so unless the turbo has been off and tested i doubt very much its gone..

when drive and the turbo kicks its kicks out a massive amount of white smoke and it worse the longer the car is running for. Once it reached 3000 rev the smoke goes away.

I took to the dealers and they "yup thats a trubo problem, and it will cost you 800 squid sir"...

the dealer would say that though! want to extract as much money as possible!

thats true i do agree but i am 99% its the turbo because of the symptoms...but i am not sure what the part number is or if the ones ebay are the same....

mine is a 85bhp (sport +)and ones i have seen only 82bhp... i am not sure if its the right one

when drive and the turbo kicks its kicks out a massive amount of white smoke and it worse the longer the car is running for. Once it reached 3000 rev the smoke goes away.

I took to the dealers and they "yup thats a trubo problem, and it will cost you 800 squid sir"...

ah, it gets worse when its warm?

white smoke?? thats usualy water... so have you checked the water level to see if its using water?

cos white smoke almost never occurs when a turbo has blown. its black or blue smoke usualy.

white smoke is a symptom of

bad glow plugs
blocked fuel return
insufficient fuel supply
some or all bad injectors
incorect fuel pump to engine timing
low compression
bad injector pump (thats a £1500 jobbie)
incorrect engine timing.

but these can be made to look like the problems when in fact its 99% of the time an electrical fault that DOES NOT SHOW UP ON DIAGNOSTICS

so you need to find a mechanic thats got naff all to do with nissan, preferebly one with peirburg training.:wasntme:

wow thats a big list of things to check :p

There is a professional garge in Shipley that deals with all things Diesel's and i will be taking to them for some advice.

As for the white smoke its also white/blue...i dont get any sort of loss in power and it only appears when the turbo spins up around 2k revs then it disappears.

The oil, water, power is all normal.

it did spent 10 day at Nissan when the amount of black smoke coming out the back was silly but that was around the start of the year.

black smoke is excessive fuel. this again can be the secondary air pump not pumping enough air into the catalytic converter..

or even a blocked air filter...lol

lol this list can go on and on...however the good news that Nissan are willing to take a look as they did some work on it 4-5 months ago. The are going to run a test on it too see if this problem is the one they looked if not then i will have a word with Nissan customer call. The car is only 3ish months outside warrenty.....

the scary bit is that someone said that would fix it but would charge 800 for labour...thats not even a main dealer!

Nissan say it due to low levels of oil and it needs a service....which is strange my dad toppd the oil last week and it still made the lots of smoke...

anyone do their own service with the k12;s?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-MICRA-...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318 hope this helps this one is on the 1.5 k9k engin :D

ive never done one my self , but looks quite easy you take off the top box to get to the spark plugs , the pannel filter is the most easyest thing you could ever change on the micra .the oil filter .... i dont know where it is? lmao never looked i might do tho

another thing have you seen how hard it is to tell if the car has low oil on?lmao nissan said i had low oil once and it had just been topped up i think they might need to take another look , or just look your self :D

i've done one and it is a #### job to get to the oil filter on the k9k engine but if you need a gen oil filter let me no because i have got lots of them

they use the same engine in the nissan KUBISTAR and the block is used also in the PRIMASTAR k9k

turns out it was a oil leak internally which was leaking direct into the exhaust thus the smoke....

Nissan that will be 500 sir and its a ware and tear thus not covered under warranty!

get them under the sales of goods act as it was not fit for the purpose it was sold for, whats a reasonable time for a turbo to last on a car thats been serviced by the manufacturer under manufacturers recomendations?

its a cop out. call trading standards and tell them after all if you had baught a car and your tyres wore out in 1000 miles due to your tracking being out, its the dealers responsibility to replace them as the car was not fit for purpose.

the same goes for any wear and tear items that are designed to last at least 80,000 miles and go at under that,

a 3 year old car that needs a turbo is a discrace. afterall my dads old saab 900 turbo ran for 17 years on the same turbo... no smoke or anything and that had done 220,000 miles.

useless renault french snail eating, frog loving, garlic smelling cheese eating surrender monkeys. I TRUELY HATE THE FRENCH

I tried all that with Nissan during the week but there were adiment that its not a manafucauring issue thus cant offer any will good gesture towards the repairs!

What makes it worse is that i picked up the car yesterday from Niassan all well working fine. Took it to Kwik fit for an oil change today and hour later it started to smoke again (worse then before)....though i think that the Kwik Fit boys overfilled it thus the smoke. I had a look at the dip stick and the oil is way over the maker!

i am taking back to kwik fit tomorrow to have the oil sorted and if that doesnt it, am back to nissan and likly hood some money out of my pocket :(

:(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-MICRA-...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318 hope this helps this one is on the 1.5 k9k engin :D

ive never done one my self , but looks quite easy you take off the top box to get to the spark plugs , the pannel filter is the most easyest thing you could ever change on the micra .the oil filter .... i dont know where it is? lmao never looked i might do tho

another thing have you seen how hard it is to tell if the car has low oil on?lmao nissan said i had low oil once and it had just been topped up i think they might need to take another look , or just look your self :D

if thats the Turbo, its only listing 64 BHP how do i get it up to 82bhp?

Turbo with a failed seal will at times smoke intermittently until you get enough shaft play for the turbine to touch the side of the housing . You will know when this happens as it will feel like somebody lopped off a couple of cylinders. ANother drawback may be small metal particles from the compressor entering the engine.
Time for a new turbo. If you do not have a turbo timer then I suggest you get one and use it with the new turbo. Another item that will extend the life of your turbo is an accumulator that provides oil pressure after engine shutdown and before engine start up.
Hope this helps.

Back