1.5 dCi turbo?

Hi, all!

I've been doing some research and I've seen that some of the 1.5 K12's have a turbo, non intercooled.

How can I found out if my model has the turbo?

Paul.

Like Frank says, if you increase the amount of air the engine can ingest by inter-cooling the turbo, you need to make sure the engine can compensate by injecting more fuel. This would be governed by a: Can it detect the extra air mass and b: if it can, can the injectors inject enough fuel? As to whether this would even work depends on one thing. You trying it ;).

i think we,ve only had 1 member that tuned his DCI, a few years ago (tuning box ?) and the engine let go iirc

I have a mate that tunes diesels. Had a 1.5turbo 206 with 105hp, but some silly torque figure. 0-60 was silly also, left a lovely trail of thick black smog haha

Aye, he does beemers too, his 330d is... terrifying haha. K12 is similar to a clio so shouldn't be hard. Based in bristol mind, and plenty of other diesels tuners dotted about

Aye, he does beemers too, his 330d is... terrifying haha. K12 is similar to a clio so shouldn't be hard. Based in bristol mind, and plenty of other diesels tuners dotted about
Yeah ive been recommended a place in chorley, spoke to him and said he can remap it but at a push it would only be 20bhp extra didnt mention any torque figures and quoted £300, but also considered trying terraclean and see if it makes an improvement, which was £140 plus rolling road before and after.
He just didnt seem to keen on diesel tuning for increased and better delivered power just more mpg :/

Ever considered an engine swap? Wonder if 2.0 dci out of the qashqai will fit ;) haha or maybe parts from that would fit 1.5 to support a remap, am sure someone somewhere has tried haha or if you speak to a reputable tuning company and tell them what your wanting they may be more knowledgeable :)

The clio is more likely, I think they share a similar floor pan (somebody else will know better than me haha) would cetrainly be different with a clio sport engine under the bonnet ;)

Well I have Renault stamped on my sump, there are a couple things shared between the k12 and the clio. The k9k engine is one of them. ...Along with the door mirrors ;)
I have the 82 engine (80 according to Renault) which has turbo :p
(Size of a walnut)
I believe that the later dci all had turbo (82, 86, 88ps engines) but not the earlier (64, 70ps)
I'd imagine if the mounts are close enough the 2.0 clio engine could fit, but you'd probably have to use the full set up from the donor clio (gearbox, clutch etc) but I'm not engine swap savvy so... ^_^
More research required me thinks.

Wouldn't it be easy to just fit the more powerful 1.5 dci? The 1.5 dci also comes with circa 106bhp as standard - as found in the juke, qashqai, clio, megane etc etc......

I've got a k12 dci that was originally an 82hp. From what I understand if it's 80 or above hp it has an intercooler and I think maybe a slightly different turbo.

I had mine mapped around 3.5 years ago and have since done around 60k with it mapped and on the whole it's been very reliable considering the extra power and torque that goes through everything.

I looked at a note turbo for mine as they're over the 100hp mark as standard, however gave up when I saw they where variable vein and about double the price of a normal waste gated turbo.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

I've got a k12 dci that was originally an 82hp. From what I understand if it's 80 or above hp it has an intercooler and I think maybe a slightly different turbo.

I had mine mapped around 3.5 years ago and have since done around 60k with it mapped and on the whole it's been very reliable considering the extra power and torque that goes through everything.

I looked at a note turbo for mine as they're over the 100hp mark as standard, however gave up when I saw they where variable vein and about double the price of a normal waste gated turbo.

what did the mapping entail doz ?

It was just a straightforward re map on a rolling road, only other mod is a k&n panel filter. After mapping result was 112.9 hp @ 4.5k and 169lb/ft @ 3k. Goes pretty well for what it is :)

Back