Blower not working!!! need help

Ok, so my blower isn't working, the heating is, since the vents defo heat up, they just don't blow air.

I've taken out the resistor card, but don't know how to test it? i've checked the continuity between the pins and pins 1-2 link and so do pins 3-4.

Someone else said his was a loose connection on the blower side, but his pictures to remove it aren't there and the Haynes manual says it doesn't support the diesel micra, which I have.

What makes me think its a loose connection is, I braked hard one day and the blower suddenly started again.

Need help ASAP because I can't find info ANYWHERE on this and the loaner car I have is gone as of today.

Terrified of putting in the garage because i've just spend £550 on stuff to pass the MOT and I go away to America in 6 weeks, so money is super tight.

if it is the card, clean the solder off down to the silver and resolder, quick and easy and if that doesnt work start to look for a more complicated problem.. though coming on when braking is different from the common card failure....you could try a circuit tester by disconnecting the plug from the blower instead of digging the dash out

if it is the card, clean the solder off down to the silver and resolder, quick and easy and if that doesnt work start to look for a more complicated problem.. though coming on when braking is different from the common card failure....you could try a circuit tester by disconnecting the plug from the blower instead of digging the dash out

What do you mean by clean the solder off down to the silver as in remove the solder on the top and resolder it?

How do I get in to the blower? I can't find how to do it anywhere!

I've got a multimeter, just need to know what to do to test the card.

you should see a small blob on the card at the thin end away from plastic mount, this is the solder which dries out and needs redone. I used light pressure on fine grain sandpaper,, my card is brown so the silver shows through pretty quickly.. if you get upside down in the foot well you should find the wiring to the blower, don't know if it is on left or right but I think it is visible from the left. you may have to work blind to remove the press in box so remember where it goes back to!

Got some photos of the manual. My blower has a weak connection at the plug. Open the dash and poke the plug and its working

Attachments

• 20151018_135905.gif
    20151018_135905.gif
    5.1 MB · Views: 402
  • 20151018_135918.gif
    20151018_135918.gif
    5.8 MB · Views: 417
  • 20151018_140018.gif
    20151018_140018.gif
    5.5 MB · Views: 419
Back