blow off valve

These units have been known to shoot out under hard acceleration so be sure to check the whistler portion every few days and re-thread lock if necessary.

LMAO! sounds really safe thing to be using around town

This is the kind of thing I would use for 2 weeks then decide I didnt like it.

Would be a cool effect on a decent car if you couldent be bothered to turbo charge it, but would be silly on a micra imo.

These sound pathetic, nothing like a genuine blow off valve! I've got a 200sx as my main car and have heard a video of one that someone posted on the sxoc. If any of you buy them I can safely say not only wil you look like a nob, but most people will know your a nob for buying it in the first place.

IMO there's only one BOV that sounds nice anyway, think it's the HKS one? The one that flutters rather than sounds like an air release anyway. Why you'd want to make your car sound like that is beyond me, that is truly terrible.

until you hit 7,000 rpm and it comes of your exhaust pipe at god noes how many mph into the car behind you, and they claim on your insurance. i think the only use for that is pointing your exhaust at someone you really hate and bouncing the rev-limiter.

jus to note, the first item posted is basically a whistle strapped to the tailpipe, and it sounds like what it is.. a whilstle, stupid thing, the electronic dump valve as posted in the video is entirely different, it costs 6 times as much as a real dump valve and makes that god awful sound effect and it wont fly out anyones tailpipe ^_^ which i supppose is a bonus hehe... summary, both sound crap ^_^

Can't believe that any semi-sensible car loving person would even think about buying the ultimate chav accessory and joining ramks with the max muppet brigade!!

I want one!!!

OK I LIE, they sound terrible, tacky, and also the bit about "can fall off" sounds a bit dodgy!!

Transforms your car into a "whistle launcher"

scottish-sr said:
Seen that vid before and Im sure it was an electronic dump valve. It dumps for too long aswell and sounds rubbish

yeah the black/orange saxo is a former redline staff car and now the saber EDV demo car. they gave me a leaflet at donny, and i gave them it back

just copy/paste this from ebay. made me chuckle.

"The exhaust blowing through the device is expelled with great force through the small end, creating a turbo spooling sound. In some cases, during shifts, back-pressure is drawn through the device creating a "psssshhhhtttt" type spooling sound (like a blow-off valve)"

what a load of ########.

many moons ago in my mates fiesta we made the sound with a bottle of pop and filmed it on video camera. sounded cool and it was a good idea until it frothed up :/

yeah, it sounds like somethine alot of chavs with there 1.1litre novas are going to want to use. Completely pointless piece of kit. Unless you could attach it to something else like a small go kart or little kiddies motorised mini car.

Hahaha, that would be cute, your little son having a turbo sounding mini car that he sits in and drives around at 2mph

Back