blaupunkt HU reinstall

D

drpepper970

i've put a standard blaupunkt stereo back into my car as i'm selling it. The display shows three dashed lines like this

- - -

does it need to be left on for a while or something? or is it locked and i should get another HU?

you need to enter the security code for it, if you dont know it or dont have it written down newhere you aint got much chance of using it and will therefore need another (aftermarket) HU

ni$$an would probably charge more then the cost of an aftermarket HU to get it decoded anyway, unless you can get it decoded elsewhere...

i have a code for it, but unsure of the procedure for entering the code.

have tried entering the code using the preset buttons but nothing seems to happen, should the display show the numbers i'm entering or should you press one of the other functions buttons to "enter" the code?

its from an L reg K11 if that helps.

It will say in your car manual how to do it. Press the preset number 1 like 7 times for number 7, then preset 2 for 5 times for number 5, etc.

turn it on...

if you got numbers:

then the 1' key represents the first no# 2' key represents the second etc...

procedure for code 5863 for eg.=

press 1' key 5 times then
press 2' key 8 times then
press 3' key 6 times then
press 4' key 3 times then wait few seconds then auto starts...

hope this helps i just coded on last week

if you have one where it shows three lines...then it may be the same as my wife's.

when you see the lines, you need to leave the ignition on and turn the hu on and leave it until the word COD appears in the display...this could take either 30 minutes or longer depending on how many attempts have been made to enter the code.

once the word COD appears then enter the code as described in the previous post with one slight difference....

on my wifes HU the 1 button only changes between a 1 and a blank space...i assume the blank space is a zero since on the internet i have seen all codes written as 4 digits but i could be wrong :rolleyes:

good luck

Back