Steering Wheel Controller For HU Stopped Working After HU Switch.

D

darXtar

drivecomphu9kj.gif

Drive Computer & Head Unit

After I’ve replaced the original Head Unit with a Blaupunkt Barcelona, all control buttons (located on the steering wheel) for Head Unit stopped working. The original Head Unit is also blaupunkt, so I though that it wouldn’t be any problems switching to another one of same brand, but that wasn’t the case. I still have functionality for button that goes to Drive Computer (it’s also located among the buttons that goes to the Head Unit). With that button I’m able to zapp through different menus.

wheelcontroller0tz.gif

Steering Wheel Controllers

I’ve noticed something really strange: When I disconnect the green connector (named “C2” by Blaupunkt) from the Head Unit, then I loose functionality for Drive-Computer-button too! My opinion is that Drive Computer should not have anything to do with Head Unit, but in this case it seems that Drive-Computer-controller-button is powered by the Head Unit.

myconnectorsfront3co.gif

My Connectors FRONT

myconnectorsback5lu.gif

My Connectors BACK

Now I wonder if there is a simple solution to my problem. I haven’t been able to follow the wires from the green connector, they are bunched together with other wires, inserted is some kind of plastic tubes and coated with some kind of noise-absorbing-fluffy-thing.

My other question is how signals are transmitted from controller on wheel to Head Unit & Driver Comp. IR? Wireless (radio)? or maybe through cu-wire? What should I look for when I open the dashboard, is there any special box or some kind of other connectors?

I’ve explained my problem to my car dealer, they told me that there is a cable in stock that costs around 25€, and the job is for the workshop. No details, no hints no nothing! Greedy bastards ;)

Does anyone have any ideas of what cable they were talking about?

My car = Nissan Micra '03 Tekna 1.4

Feel free to MSN/ICQ me [email protected] / 82332330

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
is the green connector in the right socket? have you tried moving it to where the yellow connector is?

OP
OP
D

darXtar

they are not mixed!

csocketssmall7iq.gif

info from Blaupunkt

I'm pretty sure it should not be connecter to any other socket. Nowadays I’m using an amplifier (connected through the yellow socket), and a AUX-cable for my mp3-player (connected to the blue one), both mp3-player and the amplifier works perfectly.