Black Bumper Strips

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
I'm currently tidying up my K11 and need some help.

The black bump strips on the corners of the front & rear bumpers. Are these moulded onto the actual bumper or are they seperate?

I presume spraying them to colour code them is easier than trying to smooth them over?

Thanks

yearh its the bumper, they stick out more then the rest of the bumper so if you smooth them they will stick out abit and you beable to see where they was...if your smoothing hen you will need the chop them out, mesh, fibreglass and filler tbh more hasstle than its worth... i would just courlor code them, although i like them in black plastic on your car it give it courlor contrast :)

Heres a quick photoshop with them gone (incl. Rear Bumper)

Smooth-micra.jpg

mine are colourcoded but i want to smooth mine in i think it will look good when done actually as well as my locks smoothed off

too be honest with you hooded i think it looked alot nicer with the bump strips, they tied in with the graphics on the car and some how made it look smaller ( for some strange reason i think that lol ) i think the bump strips added that litle bit extra detail but its not my car the choice is youres buddy :)

Don't think I've ever seen smoothed facelift bumpers..
I say do that!

only one ive seen is pink and it was in the uk, you could tell from the picture where they had been smoothed over they where slightly lumpy....

tbh i think they look odd with smoothed bumpers, fair play it would be diffrent...just depends how good the work is. my mates civic had smoothed bumper and they had been meshed, fibreglassed and filler and they crackered over 3 years of him owning it (llooked new when he brought the car)

Back