Bump Strips

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
so, I'm thinking of colour coding the bump strips this time, as I really cba getting all the adhesive off again. Did you colour code them with them on? or Did you take them off spray them and replace?

just get a eraser wheel it will take all of 5 minutes to get all the adhesive off

heres what you want on ebay, item 4644626887

just leave them on and mask around then, u already answered your own question really didnt ya?

Did mine while on the car. Just used masking tape to hold the newspaper on the car and surrounded the edges of the door strips where they meet the metal of the door with tape so that nothing ended up going on the car paint work underneath the newspaper.

Just sand, plastic primer, another light sanding, top coat, t-cut after a week, sorted.....Far less hassle than taking them off the car imo and results are just as good.

Just remember to cover the whole of the side of the car, windows and wheels with newspaper. The paint travels further than you'd think.....

Not exactly a proffesional finish, but I'm pleased with it for a tenner's worth of paint from Halfords :)

Hope it goes ok.

Back