bilstein problem

59 bhp is more than enough

Deactivated Account
ive recently fitted the bilstein dampers and eibach springs however when i go over really big speed bumps im getting a rattle (not a knock) from the front drivers side. ive jacked the car up today and cant see anything. ive spoke to mike about this but i just id ask incase anyone has had the same problem after fitting it.

oh and p.s. the hanldling is un favamable any speed any corner and it just goes round it. and im on crappy rubber on my steelies until i can get wheel nuts to fit my rays.

Maybe check the anti-roll bar droplinks or see ifthe wishbone is hitting anything

Just went round to mikes to pick up some springs and his car is SOOOOOO nice, the rattle is a little annoying but still the performance of the car is just superb ! he took me out for a spin and in some corners we did 60mph im sure !

Thats a sweet ride mike :D hope you get the problem sorted

does it sound like the bottom or top of car...my whiteline front roll bar knocks (but not banging noise) agaist inside body of wheel arch thingy now n again but its a known problem n ive been too lazy to pad out the body

have u tried just retightening all the bolts to the strut? fitting the shocks u wouldnt have really removed much but what about catching on the speedbumps when u go over as u said only big ones?

59 is the std nissan nuts 2 fat 4 alloys? nissan std ones dont fit inside my alloys n leave space 4 a socket to turn them but i got some chrome domed nuts from wheel base/manc for about £3 each...(i think bout that price) their slimmer than nissan nuts def tho nissan chrome nuts r £3+vat i think cant remember now

the rear antiroll bar links make a knocking noise when they go, they could well have gone (rubber worn/split) with the new setup, have a check and see.

bah i just come in from being at car lol but the nuts r a size 17 socket i think while the nissan ones r 19 that should give u an idea :)

found out what it was. its the gasket in between the top mounts. gonna put a thin bit of rubber in between them in the mean time

thats the problem what i've currently got. still need to replace it but i've yet to do it. sounds like a creeking noise....

Back