Bigger Tyres On Standard Rims

Is it possible to put bigger tyres on the stock k12 rims? they come fitted with 175/60/15 tyres, but can the rims take bigger tyres without any problems? (except speedo inaccuracy/etc) maybe 195/55/15?

Probably not a very good idea, those size tyres are on the alloys for a reason - because they fit. Surely 195s (being 2cm wider) will stick out too far?

Yeah, thanks. their actually just the stock steelies rather than alloys, which is why im not sure :grinning:
Contrary to Daniel i think you won't have a probelm... if your still at stock height etc. at the very worse you'll have a very comfotable ride and go round the corners like a boat.... the only real thing to worry about is perhaps the tyres may rub on full lock with the splash guard, but if people are putting 16/17" rims on their car i don't really see the problem.
Stock height:
NISSAN_MARCH_K12.jpg

well yeah if the tread is sticking out of the arches you may get a ticking off, but i don't think they will because most cars as standard now days the wheels are tucked right inside the arch...

They do fit. The downside is the stone chips you will get on your doors as they are then wider than the mudflaps. Also you will use approx 1-1.5 l /100km more in fuel due to drag.

Positives are the car handles much better and does not wander nearly as much at speed.

Back