Big power CGA3DE

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
I just thought I would share what I have been upto today.. Engine rebuild time. Finally I had all the parts and so it was time to put it all together. Everything on this is custom, one offs.

http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk/projects/cga3de/

This engine sould make power - lots of it. I am already getting prepared to get wasted by it at Santa Pod hahaha!

Ed

absolutely fantastic really cant wait, i think im nearly as excited as james about this one. when do you think it will be back on the road? JAE?

Yes JAE. There is still alot of work, and ignoring this car I have mucho on for JAE which I have to get done. But my main aim is to get this in and running before everything is made to look pretty. Then get a few miles on it before proper mapping and boost is put through this engine.

Ed

With a megabucks rebuild I cant see him taking any risks!

i cant wait for a high speed passenger ride. you putting all the whiteline bits on at the same time too?

I'm leaving that to james. For me its just to get the engine working.

I'll defo not be taking any risks for quite a while, i need to get it ran in and check things over and double check things etc before i start pushing it to its true potential.

When it comes back it'll be getting a complete overhaul + the whitleine kit will be going on and the rest of the stuff i have here will too.

Thanks,

James.

In true tuner style, they are secret :) What I will say however is it is now a real 1.4 :)

can i just ask why do engines need to be run in? what is there to run in apart from the piston rings? and they should run in after five minutes

A newly built engine can be quite tight. The minute tolerances of everything must settle in during a period of idealy equal but random load points. Piston rings do not bed in quickly, infact they are extreamly tough. Its universally considered that 1000 miles of average normal driving is a good compromise. It also allows you a chance to check all is ok before anything is pushed to a too great degree. Nothing settles in 5 minutes. Infact if piston rings settled in 5 minutes they would be dead in an hour!

Ian said:
barings and the metal needs to harden with use.

They wont harden with use!

Ed said:
In true tuner style, they are secret :) What I will say however is it is now a real 1.4 :)

Haha I thought so.

I thought the bore and stroke were a little bit bigger than a standard ~1300cc. :D

Shame there is a turbo going straight onto it though. I would have loved to see what sort of power a cga4de could make...

Well the compression is far from standard now. So as an NA engine it wouldnt be amazing anyway :)

is it secret while its being built and you will give all the tech specs once its on the road? this could be a match for cisco blue monster possibly.
is the copper looking gasket same thickness as standard?

i would imagine that it is the std size gasket only a copper replacement as the compression is lowered by the pistons

Once it has been compleated the details may be released. Until this time nothing will :)

img_9030.jpg

What kind of clutch are you fitting??

Ed said:
They wont harden with use!

i guess im thinking of cast metal then ^_^

looks good though, im just afriad james will try and have his way with me in the car when he takes me for a spin :(

i think the 190mm hd clutch from errol is the best clutch for the micra for high power i dont think the nismo one will be strong enough for a strong turbo. but depends how you drive in the end if you do gentle changes might be ok. depends also if its a nismo k11 clutch or something else though.

sorry to rise a thread from nearly dead but need to ask: ed where did you get your cga3de from? and what did it set you back? cheers!

Well it came in the car that I'm doing the work on...

More done.. Getting there. Like the nice short pipe run.. A worlds first?

Attachments

• 02072006158.jpg
    02072006158.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 386
Was looking good when i saw it yesterday! Just hope you can get that bonnet closed

I guess the air con is going now or is there room behind the intercooler? lol how will James cope without it?!?!

Kev said:
I guess the air con is going now or is there room behind the intercooler? lol how will James cope without it?!?!
I stole it for my car :devil:

j/k but I really could do with it lol! Dying on my way to and from work now!!

this looks similar to my piping which i have planned next year :D

this looks awesome n cant wait to see the outputs of it.

stephen

if you can get stupid amounts of bhp from a engine thats got less than 1000cc with a turbo and s/c, im sure you can get more than 150 bhp from a 1.4 coilpack engine modded intensivly with turbo surely

is that exhaust manifold any good design wise, i mean wouldnt it be better if every port tube was the same length and the turbo flange in the middle of all of all 4 ports?

or does it not matter much

its a HKS by the looks of it you might get a few HP from a full on mandrell bent stainless steel tube manifold with tuned lengths ect but nit would be mega expencive and you have to do some testing to get pipe lengths and diammiters correct, then you do all the calculations and realise you carnt fit the amount fo tubing you need into such a small place so you go back to the drawing board for a compromise unles you going for ultra mega power that HKS one looks good enough for me :D

also nice to se it with a Gt25 sat on top as a company i spoke to said it wouldnt fit lol

Back