Best Modification That YOU Have Done.

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Imagine You Were Only Allowed One Mod On Your Beloved Micra/Mazda/Toyota/Vauxhall
What Would It Be? The One Mod You Couldn't Live Without,
The One That Made You Have That Warm Fuzzy Tingling That James May From Top Gear Once Talked About: Clicky!

• Alloys?
  • Suspension?
  • Brakes?
  • I.C.E?
  • Bodywork?

well, if it was a handling mod then lowered suspension and gas shocks.

if it were performance, my 'special' cg engine, but before that it was, my custom 4-2-1 manifold and lightened fly,

Would have to be a full handling package (struts, springs, anti-roll bars, adjustable camber/castor,etc) with brakes, should allow you to out handling and out brake most things on the road.

This one is on my bike, everything else was perfect as standard:

noise.jpg

Hard to say as mine wouldnt be the same with some of the bits missing...but i guess id choose the supercharger cos its a hoot...plus id need most of the other bits fitting to make it work (so i consider it a package) :D

I'd have to say the spax coilvers I bought from Matt ,nearly 800pounds delivered but god they are worth every penny, the car can be set so low and still be comfortable and then stiffen her up for track use. Serious job. Lowering springs are useless compared to a setup like this

Swapping the 1.0 for the 1.3 engine without a doubt!! :p (Although i mostly watched, as in i didn't DO it!)

Blitz Nur Spec exhaust on the Glanza!
The Micra was probably the shocks/springs upgrade making it handle amazing.

I honestly couldn't say, I've done so many mods I really couldn't state just one, as the whole process has been a gradual transformation with each mod complimenting the next.

All I can say is the mod which has had the biggest overall impact would be the flywheel/clutch/LSD upgrade......it's turned the car from a sensible town friendly daily driver into a complete animal on the road..........I like it but honestly, if you want comfort.....plate LSD's on a FWD road car, erm........NO!

Well its obvious for me was the T20 turbo upgrade on my CG10DE ;) And the spax Vrx coilover's from matt

But that was 3 years ago

Now the best upgrade ive done to my Primera was the stainless manifold...de-cat....rear silencer........Mentally loud and let's the SR20DE breath alot better.

My favorite mod is chopped springs. Completely changes the car from a shopping trolley that gives you altitude sickness to something that will corner reasonably well.

If someone made me the right offer I'd sell it straight away. I want something a bit more tame, this scares the crap outta me

As it stands now:
1.25mm overbored cylinder
Performance exhaust
Renthal bars
8 inch round headlamp
CX500 clocks
Engine rebuild less than 100 miles ago
Power wheelies up to 3rd on the powerband, can get a bounce on the front wheel in 4th and 5th off the clutch

Bad points:
Mot up in april, I think it'll pass no problem
Tax in may, only £15 a year
Paint job looks a bit rough up close
Tiny oil leak, a few drops a day, think it may be the gearbox output shaft seal but it's not a problem
26 years old so has brakes and suspension designed over a quarter of a century ago
Mileage wrong on clocks, says 50000 when it's more like 35000

Mint ones go for up to £1500, I'm not expecting quite that much but obviously won't give it away, I'd rather keep it and keep scaring myself :p

how much you looking for? to be honest i only want it to play with i have had a few of them but i have passed my test and have a gsxr 600 so i just want it as like a little project...

As you have a full licence you'd be able to pop the restrictor out the exhaust unleashing the full 23 bhp :p

I couldn't take less than £750 as it's collectable lol

ok, to be honest im selling a suzuki ts185 trials bike so if that sells ill let you know cos i might be interested in that :)

Cool, let me know, as I say if it doesn't sell I'll keep riding it, I'm insured til November so don't mind waiting.

Well it's not really a modification!

And I didn't do it... my Dad did :D

We bought a Red 1995 K11 and put the engine and gearbox into my White 1995 K11 :D

Runs as if it was brand new!

Back