1995 k11 Super S for sale - location WA

CMF_sabum

» CMF Member
Been a while since I've logged onto the forums, been really busy. Looking to move my K11 Super S on (trading up to a Mazda 6 for the missus - 2nd child on the way).

Details as follows: -

1995 K11 Micra Super S
163,500kms
Rebuilt gearbox
New clutch
2" catback exhaust
Whiteline front and rear swaybars
Pioneer DEH-1450 head unit (45 x 4)
JVC "HX" series 6" 2-way co-axials and 6"x9" 4-way co-axials in the rear
Hurricane stainless steel rampod
Yokohama A539 185/60 R13 tyres 40% worn
Osram "Cool Blue" 4,000K Halogen Bulbs
All the usual Super S gear; 4 wheel discs + ABS, sports seats and wheels, 13" factory alloys, quicker steering rack, spoiler, sunroof, etc).

Will be totally honest about the condition: -

Bought 3 years ago as a run-about and looked like it had been in a serious prang before. Front left runs -1 degree camber, castor neutral, right camber neutral +2 degrees castor (factory spec); seems to compensate for itself and go straight. Spoke to my suspension man and he advised leaving it as it steers straight (and well at that) and your shouldn't fix what aint broken. Timing chain a little rattly due to previous owner neglecting oil change, but returns to normal once warm and advised by Nissan that under in-house diagnosis timing chain should only be replaced where rattle continues once warm; my mechanic also advised no need for concern. A tiny bit of rust near the sunroof; had it cut out 3 years ago but it returned after 18 months. Some of the clear coat has come off the rear hatch, but when polished un-noticable; had a quote from a panel beater of $150 to $200 to re-spray entire hatch door.

Fastidiously maintained; 6 monthly oil changes with very high viscosity oil, regular mechanical inspections and replacements as necessary. Nothing I can really fault with the car, fuel economy is excellent and it's still one of the best handling cars I've ever driven.

I'm being completely honest (as you can see above), as I've nothing to hide and the majority of cluey Micra owners should have been able to identify these things.

I've not seen a Micra LX nationwide advertised for less than $5,000. I'm asking $5,500 for my Super S, given the mods I've already undertaken and the way it drives (faultless). Will supply original stereo and airbox to new owner. Shipping interstate can be arranged if any of you over East are interested. Photos on request.

CMF_sabum

» CMF Member
Sorry guys, forgot to mention it has a/c and is red in colour.

Aaron, bearings in gearbox were worn (could hear them when the car was idling in neutral). My mechanic formerly worked for Nissan and said the gearbox in the Micra is actually the same as that in the N16 Pulsar; renown for gearbox bearing failure and often fixed under warranty under 100,000kms. To get to 150,000kms on the original gearbox was doing very well.

In the end a new gearbox was far too expensive ($2,500 from memory), a secondhard gearbox from Japan $1,000, but no guarantee I wouldn't have the same trouble in a short period of time. In the end ordered the bearings in and did a rebuild. All synchros were fine (no visible scorching). I got a mates rate from the mechanic of $1,000 for the rebuild, in reality it would have been around $1,400 given the labour in removing and stripping the box. The biggest pain was waiting 3 weeks for the bearings to come from Japan (none were available Australia wide).

Clutch was actually already worn when I bought the car, but I left it a while as it wasn't slipping. Mechanic replaced it (became a completely different car to drive), and discovered the clutch was well worn. Suprisingly complete clutch kit and flywheel were much less than all of us (mechanic included) expected.

Back