Best fuel for Micra?

Actually I'm using my Micra Equation for Chinese Takeaway delivery, as this little Micra is used quite vigrously so I keep calculating the fuel economy of it to monitor my income.

For most of the time I use Shell (coz is more convenient for me) but I found that the fuel economy of the car keep dropping using Shell in this few weeks, dropping from 39mpg to 34mpg, which means I need to pay roughly extra 2p for each mile I traveled, even worse than my 1.6 Tigra...

The micra is just full serviced for less than a month with every filter and spark plug (NGK) changed,
and once I switched to ASDA the fuel economy rise back to more acceptable 38mpg.

So I just guess, the fuel economy drops maybe related to the quality of the fuel, my coleague who drives an EK claimed that he is suffering the same problem...
But yesterday I tried to put some Redex mixing with Shell and it seems OK... but the calculation result cannot be figure out before the next full tank of fuel...

Did anybody in here having the same trouble recently?
Also, which brand of fuel you guys think is the best suit for Micra (Y)?

My average currently (City, extreme use):
Tesco: 42mpg (but the petrol station is quite far away from my home so I seldom use it)
Sainsbury: 36mpg
Texaco: 38mpg (and it's expensive)
Regent: 37mpg
ASDA: 38mpg
Shell: 42.5(Motorway) 39mpg drops to 34mpg

Suprisingly Tesco should be the best currently... Any tots?

For accurate figures you would need to test each fuel on the same route in the same conditions with the engine already warm.
Your petrol stations are all in different locations, the weather could have been slightly different, the engine temp may have been colder to begin with, when doing your deliveries you will follow a slightly different route some night with more corners/hills/traffic.
The figures you have aren't really that different from each other.
You may be using more fuel than your Tigra because you have to rev the car harder to acheive the same speeds.

I am unaffected by fuel prices as I always put £20 in!

Just of a matter of interest, do you have insurance for being a takeaway delivery driver, as it's very risky round here, with monthly checks by plod.
Actually I'm using my Micra Equation for Chinese Takeaway delivery, as this little Micra is used quite vigrously so I keep calculating the fuel economy of it to monitor my income.

For most of the time I use Shell (coz is more convenient for me) but I found that the fuel economy of the car keep dropping using Shell in this few weeks, dropping from 39mpg to 34mpg, which means I need to pay roughly extra 2p for each mile I traveled, even worse than my 1.6 Tigra...

The micra is just full serviced for less than a month with every filter and spark plug (NGK) changed,
and once I switched to ASDA the fuel economy rise back to more acceptable 38mpg.

So I just guess, the fuel economy drops maybe related to the quality of the fuel, my coleague who drives an EK claimed that he is suffering the same problem...
But yesterday I tried to put some Redex mixing with Shell and it seems OK... but the calculation result cannot be figure out before the next full tank of fuel...

Did anybody in here having the same trouble recently?
Also, which brand of fuel you guys think is the best suit for Micra (Y)?

My average currently (City, extreme use):
Tesco: 42mpg (but the petrol station is quite far away from my home so I seldom use it)
Sainsbury: 36mpg
Texaco: 38mpg (and it's expensive)
Regent: 37mpg
ASDA: 38mpg
Shell: 42.5(Motorway) 39mpg drops to 34mpg

Suprisingly Tesco should be the best currently... Any tots?

Im with tesco and from what i can tell, they are the best, total was very good when i tried it, shell was dismal.

+1

shell was terrible in my experience, tesco seems best overall but in my area they've jumped up in price whereas sainsburys has gone down, so filled up with sainsburys recently and its not too bad mpg wise. I think morrisons is as good as tescos too if you've got one.

Athough best thing to change to increase mpg ive found is driving style, rather than petrol.

My last fill up was with BP and even with the constant and continuous abuse ive put my micra through, its still given me slightly over 40mpg. Just filled up today with Tesco fuel. I've had the car just over a week now!

Back