Minimum fuel pump flow rate for Micra K11 1.4 i

Hi guys,

I am going to replace my fuel pump because my Micra won't start (the engine cranks). I bought a spare fuel pump from Autodoc. However, I just realized that I may have bought the wrong part because the flow rate is only 80 l/h whereas most of the fuel pumps that will fit a Micra have a flow rate of at least 90 l/h.

Can I use a fuel pump with a flow rate of 80 l/h? Everything else seems to be compatible, the hoses, the connector, the filter sock, etc.

I really do not want to exchange or return this one because I will have to send it back to Autodoc based in Berlin, the postage will cost more than the fuel pump itself.

Thank you, guys.

Hi guys,

I am going to replace my fuel pump because my Micra won't start (the engine cranks). I bought a spare fuel pump from Autodoc. However, I just realized that I may have bought the wrong part because the flow rate is only 80 l/h whereas most of the fuel pumps that will fit a Micra have a flow rate of at least 90 l/h.

Can I use a fuel pump with a flow rate of 80 l/h? Everything else seems to be compatible, the hoses, the connector, the filter sock, etc.

I really do not want to exchange or return this one because I will have to send it back to Autodoc based in Berlin, the postage will cost more than the fuel pump itself.

Thank you, guys.
Hi
80 l/h is around 17gallons.
So if you can imagine driving flat out for 1 hour you definitely won't use 17 gallons of fuel.
If the new pump fits the same I can't see a problem.
As you say it will cost more to send back so all you can do is fit it and try.

Hi
80 l/h is around 17gallons.
So if you can imagine driving flat out for 1 hour you definitely won't use 17 gallons of fuel.
If the new pump fits the same I can't see a problem.
As you say it will cost more to send back so all you can do is fit it and try.
Thank you for replying, Alex. I will go ahead and put it on to see how it goes.

This is the fuel pump I bought. The manufacturer specifies that this pump is meant for some Toyota models, not for Micra. It is another concern.

But as I said, the connector can be plugged in and the fuel hose also fits. It is just that it is slightly smaller in size lol.

Back