Battery not charging

Hi all. I'm having a problem with a K11 micra. The battery on our car will not charge. We have tried two new altenators , but the battery still doesnt charge. Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks :)

Bad connection on the battery is it frank? Yeah I did voltage readings and it was reading 11.5 volts , where before when the battery was charging it read around 14 volts.

Bad connection on the battery is it frank? Yeah I did voltage readings and it was reading 11.5 volts , where before when the battery was charging it read around 14 volts.
there should be a fat white wire from the battery to the alt mate, i would check the voltage at that red plastic connection first

Check the fuse for the alternator, because for an alternator to work you have to suply it a 12v feed (the little wires) k11's have issues with the connectors on the fuse block corroding, also does the battery light illuminate?

Additionally, ensure that the dashboard instruments battery charging lamp is working when the ignition is turned on. Many alternators will not charge unless the battery charging indicator lamp circuit is complete and operational. A well known Rumsfeld known! There are no unknown unknowns with simple battery/alternator charging circuits such as this!

Back