battery drain on k11

N

norbellini

hi
is there any areas to look for on the k11 for battery drain its been checked and battery is in good condition and alt. is putting charge in.
Its a 1994 1.0 lx just wondered if they had a weak point like the headlight bulb and heater switch problems
regards nobby

i should say a couple of 3 days from full charge hard to say because it is on short runs i have had 4 other micras used the same amount each day and sustaining a charge has been know problem.,Put it on tickover and it charges from alt.
nobby

ok guys you are helping and you have me thinking i had the battery checked at a authorised sparks he had all the fancy gear and document readouts and his view was Ok battry fine. WEhat i will do is go to another garage tomorrow and see what the say . as i said in previous post i connected a multimeter across terrminals and the alternator was putting about 14volts in and the headlights didnt faid on tickover .When i put milliamps in series across negative lead nothing shows
i will get back tomorrow with a bit more info and with a all night battery charge
thanks nobby

Have u put any new ICE in recently? Subs have been known to drain batterys!!

i know what you mean, i cant turn anything else on, before I fire up the car, if i turn the lights on or somthing, the car wont start... gotta love my ICE setup mwahahah

no ICE fitted i , will i loose radio code if i take of posi lead
i didnt get no code when i bought car
nobby

How long have you had the battery? Just an idea but this was my recent experience.. I brought a minimal maintenance battery from Hellfrauds last year.. and it developed a fault. I topped it up a little but as I was topping it up.. I realised that two of the cells were boiling and leaking out.

The battery was not holding its charge. By the time I drove to Hellfrauds it had a chance to charge so all was well on their sophisticated machines which said it was "good" and holding charge BUT.. I took it to the Nissan Main Dealer who hooked it up to an even more sophisticated machine which confirmed "Battey Boiling." It may not be as bad as mine in the sense that it is leaking out but take the screws off... and observe... which cells boil? Do they go white and foamy at the top? It should appear clear... without too much fizz or a white film at the top!

Oh and... I have a feeling that these Micras just have a ISHT starter motor which sucks power anyway. So errr.. what else can you do? Get your Holts spray out and make sure it is all waterproof.

While you are at it you may as well check the Dizzy seal.. to see if it is cracked or water is getting in...

Those are my two paisa's for now.

Got thr battery and alternator checked out by two garages this morning and both are working fine, so it looks like i have a drain somewere. Reckon i will start pulling fuses to get a better idea
nobby

no alarm just the micra immobilisor jack plug type
nobby

ps just lost 2 volts overnight on full charged battery so i have romoved the rearscree fuse as well as the rear wipe fuse seee if its draining from there
nobby

What about these after market stereos? I have to switch my Alpine off... just a thought...

Outta interest... try it with a different / new battery??

my cars also been rapidly drainin power lately.
i only ran the car during the weekends to drive it into me garage for fixing and it could only last few days.
last night i charged it, topped up one cell, and yet me batt tester shows a complete lack of power..
multimeter also read just 10.8V...5mins later @ 10.6V so tday it's really duffed up proper i guess.

only few auto shops open tday & one didnt hav any micra types
so decided to cycle to halfords, fork out £45 and carry the heavy bugga back home

yay works a treat now ;)

i know what you mean, i cant turn anything else on, before I fire up the car, if i turn the lights on or somthing, the car wont start... gotta love my ICE setup mwahahah

Get another battery or a better amp, the amp should cut out when the voltage drops too low, and then you can start the car.

Problem sorted after 4 attempts to get the battery checked every garage said it was ok i had no battery drain , yet it didnt want to turn the starter in the morning without draining it. best thing i thought was the starter is draining the battery as suggested or i try a new battery for 30 squids its the cheapest option to start with. hey presto it now has the guts to chuck the little bu**er over .So there we have it dont trust your garage battery checks completely
regards nobby

Back