Micra k12 battery drain problem

Hi,

I have a 2005 Micra 1.2 that runs its battery down over a period of a week if the car is not used. I have eliminated the battery as this has been replaced and the new one has been tested.

I have checked the current drain on the battery when the vehicle is parked and it appears to always be at least 200mA, I have read it should only be around 30mA. It seems to be a fault with the immobiliser as when fuse number 7 is removed (for the immobiliser) the current draw drops down to around 7mA.

I understand that there may have been a know fault with the immobiliser draining the battery on some early Micra K12's and that it can be solved by a software update? Does anyone know if this is true or what the possible fix is?

Simon.

Hi,

I have a 2005 Micra 1.2 that runs its battery down over a period of a week if the car is not used. I have eliminated the battery as this has been replaced and the new one has been tested.

I have checked the current drain on the battery when the vehicle is parked and it appears to always be at least 200mA, I have read it should only be around 30mA. It seems to be a fault with the immobiliser as when fuse number 7 is removed (for the immobiliser) the current draw drops down to around 7mA.

I understand that there may have been a know fault with the immobiliser draining the battery on some early Micra K12's and that it can be solved by a software update? Does anyone know if this is true or what the possible fix is?

Simon.
Hi Simon, I have a very similar problem on a K12 Micra on a 2004 plate. I have a "normal" battery drain of about 250 mA, so the battery does not retain charge of any significant length of time. Pulling the immobiliser fuse, drops the current drain to about 10 mA. Did a software update fix your problem? I suspect this is a hardware fault, and may be an issue with door locks, boot lock, interior lighting, etc.