Backdoor Respray

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Ive tried patching the rust on my backdoor but its just not right. 2pack paint just cant be restored.

So im going to get a respray. Theres 2 small areas of bubble rust but the rest of the the backdoor is just dandy. I got a quote for $450 which includes windows removal and install.
Anyone think this is a good price? Theres not alot of places around here that remove rust. They all just paint! :/

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
That sounds about right Toma, the panel beater around here charges $320 a panel for respraying in 2 pak, and that doesn't include repairing rust/damage. Just make sure he gives it plenty of coats as Micras have that 7 stage paint process from the factory, if he does that it will match really well...ie the resprayed panel will blend in with the rest....good luck

Attachments

• 14531.jpg
    14531.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 24

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Hey back door as in rear hatch door or pasenger door? Over last winter water must have got into the rear hatch window rubber on my car and over summer two small rust bubbles have poped up to my horror (One on each bottom side) So unless I buy a new car im going to have to get it fix soon before it spreads. Really ****s me off as the clear coat along the roof on the right hand side (On the edge of the metal and black plastic gutter) has some how started to peel off in a nice line so ill have to get that fix asap too now. Darn its like my cars hit that age where problems are starting to happen. Still only just clocked 100,000km's in it.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yeh pretty much. Window seals are very evil.

As for clear coat delaminating - thats kinda normal! Its just a micra thing.

Attachments

• 14602.jpg
    14602.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 22

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Ok. Ill mention it to the respray guy that its a common problem with that area and see if he can put something extra in those places? Or is that just being silly?

Also, im contemplating getting the doorhandles and side mirrors sprayed at the same time because the door handles look old + tired and the side mirror paint is all cracked. Oh the fun!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Nup there's nothing he can do about it except not put the rubber garnish back in!

IF the rust is repaired properly it probably won't come back anyway.

Yeh get the side mirrors repainted and the rear hatch handle while you're at it. But as for the door handles, buy new ones first. You don't want to get them painted and then 3 weeks later open your door and have it crack on you. Thats just money down the drain IMO.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
MMmmmm. Good call. The back handle you say? I kinda like the big chunk of black on the back. Anyone have this back handle sprayed? I need a comparison! Otherwise ill pop open the Gimp and edit it into a photo!

(Ps. anyone without photoshop and still using Paint to edit photos, grab a copy of the Gimp (free and 'free') and give it a whirl! http://www.gimp.org/windows/ )

Attachments

• 14630.jpg
    14630.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 23
Back