Lowering and Respray

P

punit84

Just wodering a couple of things, im a newbie n got a micra k11 1999. I want to lower it read a few posts, but difficult to see how much it all costs. If i get the lowering springs would i be able to fit, (i know nothing about cars but am willing to learn). Anotherthing how much would i be looking at a full respray of the car, good condition no scratches or repairs nesacery, jus plain black paint. Thanks evryone

Depends where you are, as up here in the NE £800 is expensive for a standard colour respray. :) All you need to do is change the colour on your log book and send it off when you get the car resprayed.

what about the lowering, and bloody hell man 800 squid for paint forget it. b better off going to halfords buying 10cans and trying it in my drive.

Well you could get it done proffesionally, but imagine what 10 cans of halfords would look like, spraying outdoors as well!

You pay for what you get and I know what finish I'd rather have lol!

Kev

i completly understand i get what i pay for but im a student with 100 budget lol forget about anything above that. Anyone tips on the lowering.

nope not lucky enough to have alloys why does this effect lowering. was gonna get some hobcaps.

100 quid good luck i just finished respraying my k11 in ford signal yellow and the paint cost 90 and that is just basic 2pack paint.

what i mean is, there isnt really any use in spending time/money to lower the car if you dont have alloy wheels, are you looking for 'looks' or 'performance'

i dont know really i just seen a few that look better lowered. i dont mind about the alloys dont think i need them right now. just focusing on the lowering.

if your lucky you might be able to get one of the front wings sprayed for £100 - just hope people dont see the rest of the car! And if its looks your after, get some alloys, 14/15" then lower it.

if i had £100 id get a second hand cd player about £30 then fit it yourself or get a m8. then try and get a second hand set of alloys with the rest of the cash. i wouldnt lower with wheel trims thats just stupid. its like buying a sub and amp and only having a standard tapeplayer

ok, fine if evryone agrees. i already got cd player and speakers so that department is ok. are you tellin me i can get alloys for 70 quid, if so where from.

i got mine from a guy on here, really good nissan ones 14" i paid £130 with tyres, on ebay you will drop on, prob pay £180 on ebay

ide lower it on 13" steelies,,,nothing wrong with that at all

lowerd car with steelies looks alot better than a tractor

http://www.micraholics.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=1131

^^^^^^^^ this is a guide I did on full suspension changing^^^^^^^^^

Very easy.. Ive seen springs going on here for less than 40 quid..

And alloys u can get on ebay for as much as 99p..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8007765933&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8004784764&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

Its only a matter of time before the one or two to complete the set come up on ebay..

oh my lord.
ive had so many things for 99p

even if there is NO chance of u EVER needing/usein it... theres still satisfaction in colecting sommat and handing over 1 pound

Back