Micra Target for Crime

I've experienced quite a bit of crime and vandalism, just last week my micra was broke into. Previously i've had panels kicked in, stones thrown at it and paintwork keyed. I've given up on the police. My areas not the nicest but still other cars go untouched.

Just wondering are Micras in general a target?

Also does any one kno if Halfords do a good repair on damaged paintwork, my dad tried patching it up it kept the rust out but looks crap.

Cheers.

Em

If your car is modified it would more tempting to the b*stards.. Or if you've done anything to annoy anyone?

As for Halfords repair service, it's not actually done by Halfords, they get someone else in to do it. I've not seen anything done by them and I'd assume the company that does it is different depending on the area you're in anyway.. You'd probably be better off just going to a bodyshop IMO.

If its any consolation my '98 k11 was parked on the drive overnight and id forgotten to lock it, cd player on show etc etc all my fault, my next door neighbours suzuki swift (similar age) got broken into nicked and then burnt out on a local field. So i don't think they are target based off that. Well that or those guys that did it were just idiots,

got an alarm and immobiliser fitted to mine, the alarm goes off if its touched generally which usually gets rid of them or if not i come outside with my 1/2 drive wheel bar :D

My micra has been driven into, sat on and someone rode a stolen bike on it... lots.

To make it worse I live in a nice area too, just it's so close to the town centre that sometimes you get drunk people on their way home passing :(

Thats exactly my problem I live right on the drunkards route out of Leeds. I tryed to get a council garage like 3 times well that got me no where, now on a Saturday in particular I leave the car at afriends with a secure car park.

Its just stupid the lengths you have to to to protect ur property.

So yeah if any one knows any good paint and body shops in south Leeds or anywhere in Leeds for that matter let me know.

Cheers guys

My micra has been driven into, sat on and someone rode a stolen bike on it... lots.

To make it worse I live in a nice area too, just it's so close to the town centre that sometimes you get drunk people on their way home passing :(

Sorry but I just can't imagine someone actually drunk and riding a stolen bike on top of your Micra, very funny image in my head lol :D

Also I live in a really bad area but no one touches my car or anythign in my garden ;)

Back