back to the dealers

R

RIK

on my hunt for the ecu i lifted the passenger footwell carpet up....dont ask why,but i did lol

and two thing that i thought was strange

1.the floor is foam :s like 3" of it
2.there was a pudle of water! very deeep one too!!

the drivers side is dry as a bone..i dont know how it can get in.all the door seals look fine

any advice before i go shout at some sales people?

Make sure one of your passengers didn't wee themselves. :D

Doesn't sound good though. Putting me off k12's a little all of these problems.

micra man said:
Make sure one of your passengers didn't wee themselves. :D

Doesn't sound good though. Putting me off k12's a little all of these problems.

tis the only problem ive had so far...and this could be due to the accident i had (same side)

mite rip the whole carpet out on that side this week and try see where its coming from.

Yeah, just seems like a few people are having problems with them. Guess its inevitable with new cars though. Good luck in getting it sorted though. :)

think we have found the problem....will be stripped out and dry tomorow :D

oh...and ide go check your foot wells if you own a k12..it could be like this in yours

you need to pull the carpet up

all k12s have polystyrene under the carpet suppose its cheap and easy to fit and to remove the carpet you will have to remove your centre console as it goes all the way to front of the car under the console

sounds bad, take it back to the dealers to at least make them aware of the problem.

super_s said:
all k12s have polystyrene under the carpet suppose its cheap and easy to fit and to remove the carpet you will have to remove your centre console as it goes all the way to front of the car under the console

any other tips for taking out the carpet? gonna have look later.

Dr Zoidberg said:
sounds bad, take it back to the dealers to at least make them aware of the problem.

any other tips for taking out the carpet? gonna have look later.

if your just checking...remove the kick panel and rubber door seal..then pull the carpet back..you will see it it is wet from there

stripped the whole car today..and cleard the water out .followed it back to the rear light(where i had the bump)

i have tried some silicone sealer around it..if it doesnt hold it can wait till after donny....

btw its very easy to strip a k12 and i will be doing in 2007...yes the cogs wer turning whilst i was working on it today :D..

Attachments

• Photo-0012.jpg
    Photo-0012.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 216
another update grr...tested it again to se if i had stopped it but no luck

got somone to hold the hose on the boot today whilst i was inside looking for the hole....and found it
its where the bodyshop (ADR )..had fitted a new quarter panell and missed abit where the panels join up wih there tar/sealer stuff.....not risking it before donny so ill take it back after

jus dry it off and put silicone sealant round the joint till uv got time to take it to the dealership m8

K10Daz said:
jus dry it off and put silicone sealant round the joint till uv got time to take it to the dealership m8

done that..and its sorted for now

not the dealerships fault for a change lol..its the corner where i had the bump.its had a new quarter on.

Back