back box or tints

i dont know if its the same uk wide, but up here the police are cracking down on unroadworthy cars.....and they seem to be targeting tinted windows!..a good few cars have been taken off the road and the owners told to remove the window tints within a certain time or face the crusher.

so i'd go with the back box :D

you going to C+C? i know a place in ibrox will do it cheaper prob unless you know the guys and gonna get it cheap, i was quoted near 800 for a full stainless exhaust system , manifold, de-cat, centre section and back box. The guy in ibrox said 600 max probably cheaper to do tho if it was easy. so shop around

stephen

ps ill take u out if u like ?

powerflow stainless system from the cat back, would sound good. thats what i want. but iam buying a cobra 4'' slash cut back box and get powerflow to make a stainless pipe to the cat.

philzee said:
i dont know if its the same uk wide, but up here the police are cracking down on unroadworthy cars.....and they seem to be targeting tinted windows!..a good few cars have been taken off the road and the owners told to remove the window tints within a certain time or face the crusher.

so i'd go with the back box :D

that wouldn't be a problem though if people had legal tints

Any tint on the front windows is illegal, got pulled and a £30 fine 2weeks ago and thats what the police told me!In 4 years of driving only been pulled once for tints so cant complain!I would go for tints rather than exhaust, depends what u want looks or performance/noise

you won't get performance from just a back box though.

IIRC, please correct me, rear quarters and rear windscreen do NOT have to let light through at all. front sides must let 70% of light through (30% tint) and you are NOT allowed any after production tint on the front windscreen

i'd go for the backbox (infact i did, lol) but i got a stainless steel one from RMS down in prestwick, takes them 3 hours but they make it the way you want it, well worth the wait if you ask me, and sounds great too :grinning:

Back