Window tints or not??

I have a 94 super s in red and was thinking about limo black tints on the three rear windows!! do u think it would look good?? if so how much and is it easy to do your self?? also can you see well out of the windows- like at blind junctions, parking ect or at night??

Cheers Conor

Antony

Ex. Club Member
i have a 1994 red super s and would not do black tints... i would have the rears done in mirror chrome..... rally style. or just how the jdm's do it..lol

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
The link doesn't work as you need to upload the photo to the Internet. Use www.moddedmicras.co.uk/upload

Also, you wouldn't need to look out your rear windows at blind junctions, so i wouldn't worry about that! lol. You do notice the tint looking out, but you get used to it. I've had my fronts done, but now I don't even notice the difference.

curtis

Ex. Club Member
yeh get it done,

just a question about legal stuff, if limos have blacked out windows therefore cars are allowed.

If truckers have LEDs all over their lorries but cars aren't allowed any to shine out??!??

Im not saying i want LEDs all over my car :p, but i know its been a talking point before.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
You can have the rear's done as dark as you like :) It's only the fronts that are illegal.

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
Is it worth doing on my micra (one in the avatar) would you think. And is it self job or someone does it for £50?

curtis

Ex. Club Member
im going to do my own soon, but yes professional is around that price, well thats what i got quoted anyways.

if you have 6 x 9 and speakers etc in the car, its well worth doing!

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
just the standard ones that come with the car. Ive seen you can buy film of ebay for about £50. full kit mind you

curtis

Ex. Club Member
yes but you have to do that yourself, you will need a kit for about a fiver, if you haven't already got some tools, credit card will probably do.

theres a window tinting guide on here somewhere if you have a look.

Littlewood

Here comes the BOOM!

But they quoted me 110 for a K10!

If you find somewhere cheap mate local to us let me know.

If you wnt to do it yourself mate, make sure you lay it wet then hairdryer it. Being as your not to far away I've got a 'burnisher' you can use. It's a tool vynil lyers use, I used to work as one .

curtis

Ex. Club Member
Yeh, then again he is my mate so i think i might have had the labor knocked off, only just remembered about that, so long ago.

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
I've been looking into some tints and the best company around here can do the rear 3 limo black for 120 and the front 2 for an extra 80 quid (but thats keeping them legal)

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
You can have the rear's done as dark as you like :) It's only the fronts that are illegal.

So tinting the fronts would be out of the question then? Not even a slight tinting? Similar to limo's where they have windscreen and front sides tinted slightly?

curtis

Ex. Club Member
you cannot tint the front windscreen at all iirc....but i could be wrong

you can have the side front windows 30% or less.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
you are not allowed to tint the front windscreen at all.... and the front side windows have been illegal to tint since mid 2005...... no tints on the front..... its so that police and others (customs etc) can see if your a terrorist or not. weather youve got a gun or wearing a bomb belt etc etc...

thats the law !