Tints

L

lewis

Just booked the motor in for tints next week (friday).

They quoted me 130 for rear tints and 195 for the full car (50% on the front).

Now the guy said the full car was illegal but the police can ONLY issue you a warning to tell you take them off or a ticket to get them taken off within 10 days ie no points/fine.

Would you get the full car or just the half? I'm not bothered about the money really, as I know the full car looks a lot smarter.

Eeek! o_O

You should have got in touch with Kristian, he tints the rear 3/4 windows for £15. I would just get half the car done as your basically just throwing money away getting the full car done, you will get stopped and made to remove them. May aswell keep that extra money for another mod.

Nice to see another Scottish member too, your not that far away from me.

Yeah, there is a couple of nice micras going about Livingston (nothing minted though)

Once I get this looking half decent I'll go to some cruises, maybe see you down there :)

You are right about throwing money away if I'm made to take them off though.....:(

My mate had tints on his Micra and got made to remove them or he would have got points, best to keep that extra £65 and put it towards an induction kit or manifold.

Got any pics or spec of your car?

scottish-sr said:
My mate had tints on his Micra and got made to remove them or he would have got points, best to keep that extra £65 and put it towards an induction kit or manifold.

Got any pics or spec of your car?

It looks as though I won't be getting the front ones done if the replies keep going like this.....

My car is just a 1.0 2000, its slow as sh*t but does me for going to uni and back :)

Titch said:
Don't get the front ones done as all you'll get is hassle

Titch can you add me to msn? Or give me yours? Mine is lwigii @gmail.com - got something to ask you about an induction kit, ta ;)

just get em done - oh yeah n ur getting ripped at £195 for the full car, i only paid £130 for my micra -

Defo too pricey there!
Kristian does an A+ job, I've seen several jobs and seen him do them.

As for fronts, some cops love doing you for them, saw them do the RedLine Civic for them

i cheaked it out for my g/fs car and the best place to get it done in glasgow is £90 for the quarter and £150 for full. lifetime guarentee and the work is amazing. £130 is a bit expensive

joe boy micra said:
i cheaked it out for my g/fs car and the best place to get it done in glasgow is £90 for the quarter and £150 for full. lifetime guarentee and the work is amazing. £130 is a bit expensive

do you have their number and address?

it'd be cheaper driving through and getting it done there.

thanks for your help joe :alien:

diamond is the best place about DIAMOND guys called davie. tell him mini mad or joe from strathy sent you. they are just across the road from celtic park. all there infos on the site. and he told me it was £140 for the whole of the micra not £150 so even better lol

it doesnt matter how dark they are on the back 3 but on the front two it has to be 70% of the light still coming through and on the windowscreen 85% of the light still has to come through!!!
just thought i would let anyone know incase they were interested????

you're not allowed any tints on the front now unless they are standard then the ######## about 70% bla bla applies ;)

Back