Babies

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
Hi

I thought i would ask for ideas, me and my wife are expecting our first baby she is due in 5 days but we are getting tired of waiting. The thing that worries us is we don't really want the baby to be induced so i thought someone may have ideas or funny stories regarding there births.
I know its an odd thing to post on a car sight but i thought i've posted most silly things so this would be a new one.
Thanks
Paul

my 4 year old son was induced because he was 15 days overdue, once the induction was done he was born in about half an hour, there wasn't even time for any pain relief, as for 'methods' of starting the labour, nothing worked for us and we tried everything.

did it hurt when she was induced? Thats what my wife is worried about

No pain relief, for you or her? apparently they get nasty.

it didnt hurt her when she was induced, the birth was pretty traumatic though, the baby was 10lbs 5 oz, dont worry about it though, its the most amazing thing you will ever see, any man who sees the birth of their child will tell you that, oh and be prepared to blubber like a baby yourself at the birth, you might think you wont I know I did, but there I was tears streaming.

Havnt tried or tried on anyone but supposedly, sex and hot food work well either simultaneously or separately. Good luck, we expect pictures, not of the birth just the baby.

well i'll try her with hot food, and there will definitely be pics. I thought maybe youtube the birth but that just gets me hit when i suggest that. lol

Apparently squatting works quite well to get things going, my friends just been 9 days over due and she would squat with her knees as far open as possible and she's convinced it worked wonders for her.

Just make sure you're there to help her back up once she's down!!

the squatting is a new one to us definitley worth a try. I got her going up and down the stairs like a crab at the moment (side ways) i heard that is mean't to help????

Reflexology relaxation techniques are a good helper. I'm a fully qualified reflexologist and used these techniques when my sister-in-law was having her little one and it really helped.

hi we had to go in to hospital today for high blood pressure, but all is good we have to go back tomorrow and if it is still high then they may induce her.??????????????????? nail biting stuff

the induction is just a hormone injection, if that doesn't work then they will break her waters, then its over in a flash, enjoy the experience.

At the end of the day, the baby will come when it´s ready. My friend was induced a few months ago and all went fine. Either way, don´t worry about it. And good luck ¨)

We're back from the hospital, her bllod pressure was down so they haven't induced her but there is still a lot of protein so back for more tests friday

Went back in friday blood pressure was tested three times all very high (highest yet). The doctor has said to come in monday to check blood pressure again and wednesday. I would have argued this point on friday but i wasn't there. What concerns me is this blood pressure has been going a week near enough now and it must be a concern but why aren't they doing anything? So i will definitely be there monday to get some questions answered.
Also today hanna (the pregnant wife) is complaining of stomach ache all day and dizziness, is this connected? I have mentioned phoning to ask some advise but hanna thinks we should leave it?

Hanna has said she wants to see how things go over night. If the sympton things persist i will ring the hospital.
I think we may be kinda hoping it maybe the start....(doubt it though)

Went back in friday blood pressure was tested three times all very high (highest yet). The doctor has said to come in monday to check blood pressure again and wednesday. I would have argued this point on friday but i wasn't there. What concerns me is this blood pressure has been going a week near enough now and it must be a concern but why aren't they doing anything?

Just relax fella. They're professionals so know what they're doing! Unless you have medical degrees or knowledge to counter there decisions, i wouldn't complain about it.

Fingers crossed all goes ok. Don't go calling the new arrival anything chavvy!

Hi,
We're off to the hospital this morning for an appointment, however another rough night up from 2 till 6 with hanna being very poorly. I'll let you know what they say today hoping all is good.

Thanks to everone so far for your help and support.

Oh we have names for both boy or girl. There not chavvy but are different.

with my two kids they both started getting restless at about 11pm for about 2 or 3 hours, all wriggly and kicking like mad, after they were born that was a regular time for a feed and change as well, they were just getting a routine started early I reckon.

Well we're back, i think the baby maybe getting ready.... Last night wasn't the baby wriggling about it was just hanna being ill, migrane, swollen feet that sort of stuff.
We have an induce date of saturday the 15th at 21.30 thats if the baby doesn't come earlier. Also got to go back on wednesday see if hanna blood pressure is still high and to get blood test results.

They tend to settle once they are in the head down position. Which means they can come any day now.

Good luck, and don't forget those piccys :)

No tears but it was very emotional, hanna went in to labour at 0600 on the 15/9 and had AJ at 0340 on the 16/9 so 21hrs and 40 mins of screaming pushing not pushing every pain killer in the world and a lot of blood and AJ is here.

AJ is ok, the mum is Very sore as there were a few complications but she will get better lucky i'm off for the week.

I'm not suprised as it's her first. She prob had a few stitches down there! Give her a good few days!!

It'll be easier on the second ;)

Yeah a few stitches, second one what do you mean second one not sure i could go through that again. lol.
People that say its a beautiful thing are right but they fail to mention how disgusting it also is. lol

We'd like to see you suffer like we have to!!! You men have it easy :p

Have you managed to get them home yet?

Yeah they've been home since sunday evening after discharging them selves.

Men got it easy????

you get 9 months of doing less and less, eating more and more, then you have one day of pain and a year to recover from that. Women have it easy.
lol

You know that feeling when you've eaten too much and you can't move? Times that by 100, plus the swolen ankles from sooooo much weight gain, and not being able to get off the sofa in a stately manner. Having to go to the toilet every five mins coz you bladder has a baby sitting on it!! Then you should try and fit a melon through a keyhole. Oh and then theres the chewed, bruised, and harrased nipples for the next 6 months at least, not to mention the stretch marks................

you'll never win :p

Glad your all home safe though :)

You know that feeling when you've eaten too much and you can't move? Times that by 100, plus the swolen ankles from sooooo much weight gain, and not being able to get off the sofa in a stately manner. Having to go to the toilet every five mins coz you bladder has a baby sitting on it!! Then you should try and fit a melon through a keyhole. Oh and then theres the chewed, bruised, and harrased nipples for the next 6 months at least, not to mention the stretch marks................

you'll never win :p

Glad your all home safe though :)

jeez ems, i totally cant wait...

hes gorgeous! grats to all!

Back