Axle stand adaptors?

zanes

Ex. Club Member
Hi all!

Reading up on removing bumper in haynes manual (wanna check/protect crossmember) and I figure I need to use axle stands.

Haynes says I should use "adaptors" on the sills with axle stands. WTF? I thought axle stands were used under the axle/suspension. Anyhow, figure sills are probably better, more stable (unless they're rusted through. Thankfully mine aren't!)

So anyhow, where can I get these adaptors from? Are they hard to find/ expensive.

Search checked- Nada!

if the cars standard ride height, and youre only checking the front crossmember you can get away without putting it up on stands...they'll be less room to work (if going further under the car) but more than enough to move about to remove the bumper and check / protect the crossmember.

The adapters you should be able to get at any motor factors...though dont have a deff shop or price for you...maybe check ebay?

I saw this in the Haynes when i was doing some work on my k11 a couple of months back. I tried the local motor factors and various other places but none of them had heard of adaptors for axle stands.

Let me know if anyone finds a place that sells them.

you could always make some out of a piece of wood...cut a slit in it wide and deep enough for the sill to drop into and make it fit the top of your axle stand. Though i wont be held responsible for anything bad happening :D

Back