Awesome Micra

CMF_MacGillaZ

» CMF Member
Not sure if this is a repost, but I found this on the R31 forum, tuff, very tuff!

01.jpg

02.jpg

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
They are standard - the inner lip just looks like it's been bent out and has possibly had some guard rolling work done to bring it out a bit more. Only reason I say this is that it looks like the front/rear guards are still in primer and not yet painted but it's a bit hard to tell with the colour of the car.

Question is.. how the fk do you get that much negative camber on the rear (front could be simply camber bolts), and where'd he/she find such nice offset oldschool wheels with the 4x100 PCD.. dammit that's a good find.

---dens

in japan they cut a section out of the rear axle and weld it back together to get the angle... i'd say that's what jdm boi has done. wheels are easy to find if you've got money and aren't looking at bob jane's display window

Attachments

• 34406.jpg
    34406.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 42

CMF_Dodgy Haro

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:
Question is.. and where'd he/she find such nice offset oldschool wheels with the 4x100 PCD.. dammit that's a good find.

---dens

Makes me think twice about throwing this on the micra someday ... pity it's reserved for my MX5 ...

Work4.JPG

I know of a place where you can order those SSR rims - just need $$$

***HINT*** Glenn Kowta at:

http://upgrademotoring.com/wheels/ssr/mk-iii.htm

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Sure you can find RWD offset wheels and chuck them on, but most i've tried are +20 and while it looks agressive, needs serious guard work to get them in the guards.

Find me a set like that in australia (i.e. not through yahoo jp) that doesn't cost a small fortune :p No seriously, you're welcome to find me a set, haha...

---dens

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"in japan they cut a section out of the rear axle and weld it back together to get the angle... i'd say that's what jdm boi has done. wheels are easy to find if you've got money and aren't looking at bob jane's display window

hey guys!

awesome that you guy have taken notice of this car, its a mate of mines (which has inspired me to get one very soon :))

he said he bashed both front and back guards out (paper thin now) and added an extra strip of metal at the rear to cover the wheels abit more, cut and shut the rear end to get the camber.

and hes running some bolt on spacers, 4x100 to 4x114.3 with thoes rims... there SSR MK3 rims 14x7/8ish i think (cant rember), not to hard to find but one pair in 14x7 shiped to aus (from japna) is around 500 to 600 bucks which is not bad considering you get full sets from bobjane for 1000bucks... (ive gotten about 6 pairs from japan, its an easy process)

heres a couple more pics of that car i found on secret drift.com
IMG_6187copy.jpg

20.jpg

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
he's also got the kouki (later type) front bumper and headlights to go on when he paints it... but he's in japan atm, so it will be a while before the finished product.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
xsoarerx WROTE:

"i thought as much... im guessing he'll just mod the ones his got unless he brings some back from japan with him this time...

Get him to jump on here and help bring over some micra parts to share the love! :p

Can't say i'm a fan of the facelift frontend.. next step after that is the K12 frontend! *shudder*

---dens

cisco

» CMF Member
HOT

Just needs a fresh coat of paint and some Super S bumpers.

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
that is a fresh coat of paint!

he wasnt happy i took thoes pics on a cloudy day and when it was dirty.

but it has rainbow flake in the paint! and thoes bumpers are the color/type he settled with.

paint.jpg

the cage is awesome! he still has the roof lining in and they had to use siccsor jacks to get it in :p.
R0010468.jpg

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
cisco WROTE:

"HOT

Just needs a fresh coat of paint and some Super S bumpers.

Look closely and you'll see it's an unpainted Super-S bar without the foglights. ;) The older images are of it with an LX bar, but it seems he's changed them since.

climberjoel: Yes it's an oil cooler.

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member

"thats a weird ****in super s bar... never seen one with the lx/slx mouldings in one.... ever. bout time someone did a decent job of that bonnet ****.. looks mad

Whoa now that you mention it - looks like a jap Super-S bar (well, their equivelant model with foglights). Do you mean the fact that it has the foglight spots but that the numberplate holder isn't sticking out for the Euro sized plates? Cause the only ones with those as far as I know are the japs. Maybe it was imported..

---dens

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
lol that looks mean! love the crazy camber and the convertable rear lights. that front bumper is weird though, looks good. is that a swinging jesus handle i see in the rear side window in the las pic?

not sure about the number plate. "kaw4i" I assume is Kawai which from memory is "Cute" in Japanese... I guess it follows the jap theme.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
daily_ricer WROTE:

"lol that looks mean! love the crazy camber and the convertable rear lights. that front bumper is weird though, looks good. is that a swinging jesus handle i see in the rear side window in the las pic?

not sure about the number plate. "kaw4i" I assume is Kawai which from memory is "Cute" in Japanese... I guess it follows the jap theme.

Thought it was a Train handle or shipping handle or somethingorother.. people often dangle them from their tow hooks :p

He stole my rear lights! haha.. so much for trying to be unique.

---dens

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
xsoarerx WROTE:

"he's also got the kouki (later type) front bumper and headlights to go on when he paints it... but he's in japan atm, so it will be a while before the finished product.

is that the jap Super-s bar you speak of deNs? i have no idea what a kouki one looks like..

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"Nice. Custom cage or an off-the-shelf item from <EM>the motherland?</EM><BR><BR>---dens

from the motherland, think its off the shelf, he bought a micra cuz he got the cage for one :p

that "train handle" is a hang ring. usally hung off the back of bosozoku style cars and off motorbikes in japan.

CMF_Dodgy Haro

» CMF Member
Thanks for the pics - Shane has come a long way from his old beaten AE86 ...

I just regret not having bought that rollcage off Brad when it was available but it is good to see it go to an old mate.

Those 'Kawai' plates were originally on a Suzuki bongo carry van with some Mk1 SSR rims. His brother also had 'Kowai' plates on a R32 skyline but I think that car has since moved on as well.

deNs WROTE:

"turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:<BR><BR>"thats a weird ****in super s bar... never seen one with the lx/slx mouldings in one.... ever. bout time someone did a decent job of that bonnet ****.. looks mad"</DIV><BR><BR>Whoa now that you mention it - looks like a jap Super-S bar (well, their equivelant model with foglights). Do you mean the fact that it has the foglight spots but that the numberplate holder isn't sticking out for the Euro sized plates? Cause the only ones with those as far as I know are the japs. Maybe it was imported..<BR><BR>---dens

nope. not a jap spec super s bar... i've got one on my blue car.. only diff is the number plate holder is smaller.... weird. i say its the stock bar with holes cut in it. lol dens, i've got the same taillights on my red car

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member

"nope. not a jap spec super s bar... i've got one on my blue car.. only diff is the number plate holder is smaller.... weird. i say its the stock bar with holes cut in it. lol dens, i've got the same taillights on my red car

Grrr you're all against me.. haha. Need to switch to my other set, need fsking bulb holders dammit.

I thought you still had the SLX bar on your blue car. Are these genuine items sourced through Nissan australia or are they non-genuine ones?

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Didn't think the tow hooks themselves were different, just that the shape of the bumper was different enough that meant you needed the cover. I can take some comparison shots of both kinds tonight for you if you want.

---dens

deNs WROTE:

"Didn't think the tow hooks themselves were different, just that the shape of the bumper was different enough that meant you needed the cover. I can take some comparison shots of both kinds tonight for you if you want.<BR><BR>---dens

if ya want.. the cover fits but it's kinda tight and i don't wana lose the bloody thing

Back