Awesome Ferrari Replica... (Shed)

I can see what they were going for... but... *shudders*
not achieved, the finish kinda looks like it's been carved out of polystyrene o_O or MDF
...like a concept car model...only, not as pretty...or well done... :oops:

The panels themselves (I assume pre-fab/moulded by a kit car company) are quite nice, smooth and stuff, its the execution and fit...and the white edges around the windows, make it look fake....er...I guess the carbon vinyl wasn't enough to cover?

the only reason there's arch gap is because the wheels are too small...a Pug's wheels are what..."17 maybe "18's anyway?
they need to be more like "22's on rubber bands to get the effect...but then they wouldn't fit as the front wheels are already too close to the front panel then they should be.
you can see how close the actual body is looking at the rear photos. I bet it would scrape at the back.

I think if they'd Flocked the dash, or something the interior wouldn't be so bad :p

covering it in ferrari badging?....nail in the coffin :p

...Although I can imagine this was a labour if love, good on 'em for making their dream car ;)

....don't do it again?

That looks terrible! However, years ago I saw one built by a bodyshop over near guildford. I cant remember what sort of Ferrari it was supposed to be but they got it right. It had huge wheels and they had obviosly taken some time over getting the panel gaps right, and as it was painted red so on first glance there was no question that it was a ferrari....... i mean 406. The memory of it still leaves me a little confused!

Back