Aux belt adjustment

Im looking for a little bit of advice about the aux belt on my mums K11 please.

It has started to squel a little on cold mornings and was just wondering how the belt is tightened / adjusted? Also how much play is required? Is it the normal, 90° twist under finger tension?

Its running the 1.0l (CG10DE) engine on a 2002 twister model & it has power steering & AC too.

Many thanks in advance :)

Thanks for the reply mate

I havent looked under the bonnet in ages but my dad said there was only one belt which ran all the components (AC, powersteering, alternator etc)

Wasnt sure if there was a central belt tensioner or whether it was on one of the above driven items.

Fair enough, i dont know what is there at the moment but i know when i used to advust my K10 micra & my primera now if you can just about twist the belt 90° with a fair amount of finger pressure that is ok. But of course both of these engines has a single belt running the alternator :)

Need to establish how to adjust the belt tightness on this particular engine (CG10DE) as it wasnt obvious from looking ;)

Me too so thats cool, im not sure how much of a clear length there is under there as obviously if one belt is driving all that lot in a small engine bay there probs isnt a lot! LOL

Dont spose you know how these are tightened then?

Back