Seat Belt doesn't retract anymore!

Got in the K11 this morning to go out for a coffee, and as I pulled my seatbelt I felt no tension.

I pulled it a little bit more and saw that the mechanism was not retracting the belt at all. Now I have a fully unwound seatbelt that is useless.

I've been looking around on ebay but I can't find the exact seatbelt meachanism as labelled on the seatbelt tag.

Could anyone help me out? I'm guessing the whole mechanism is to change...

The code I found on the seatbelt is the following:

86885 1F501

I also see that there is PRE written at the bottom of the label. So i'm guessing that means Pretensioner.

The Micra is a 2000 year model.

cheers

will have a look when get home and check mine as they unused as I have harness in mine. Mine is a 2000 and has pretensioner so should be fine but will check part number this evening and get back to you

will have a look when get home and check mine as they unused as I have harness in mine. Mine is a 2000 and has pretensioner so should be fine but will check part number this evening and get back to you

hi decxter, any news?

I went to the mechanic today and he showed me the seat belt mechanism, the spring looked like a slinky :(
now I have to find a replacement, when I type in the code I found on the belt I strangely only find the part in Russian websites...

anyone know for sure how to find out if the seatbelt has a pretensioner or not?

wont the pretensioner be gas powered? im not 100% sure cause im more of a rip the seat belts out fit harness man :laugh: but if they do use gas look for a gas cylinder by the seat i think?

I'm trying to figure out how the codes work for the seatbelts... seems to be that the code changes in relation to the year of production. My code seems to be used for micras produced between July 2000 and November 2000. Can't figure out compatibility with the pretensioner though...

this is the exact name of the part: BELT ASSY-TONGUE,PRETENSIONER FRONT LH

also found this..
secimg.081.0632.png

ok so I found someone on ebay who sells in here in Italy...

the code is different... its: 86885 6F810

According to a list of spare parts of the micra, this piece is the exact same one, but used between the production period from August 1999 to July 2000 (so just before my micra was produced)

The seller says it is compatible, but the only thing that seems strange to me is that the one he has listed has a long metal tube attached to the seat belt mechanism. The one my mechanic took off my micra didn't have this tube.

I read up about the difference in Pretensioners, and it seems that the one with this 'tube' is a Pyrotecnic pretensioner, while the one I have is an electric pretensioner....

seat_belt_pretensioner_types_r1_c1.gif

can anyone help me out with this issue?

I found an image of the one of the seller on ebay
immagine177v.jpg

Back