ATTN all perth micra drivers

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
there a new club thats just started up and is based purely around the modified car scene and get togethers ie cruises in perth.

seeing as there isnt many of us in perth and we never have meets i thought it would be a good idea to have a get together through this club and finally meet up and talk micras :D

http://southstylin.com/

there is a cruise on tomoro day that leads into a BYO BBQ if anyones interested..

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
They don't welcome Excels etc so they may not welcome Micra's if they lump us together. Mine's for go not show so I don't think I'd be welcome with my clear coat peeling off the roof etc!

Not that much into cruises anyway. Why don't we have a gathering at a MaxAction motorkhana at Belmont Racecourse carpark in the new year and maybe see a few of us compete?

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
Nissanmania WROTE:

"They don't welcome Excels etc so they may not welcome Micra's if they lump us together. Mine's for go not show so I don't think I'd be welcome with my clear coat peeling off the roof etc! <BR><BR>Not that much into cruises anyway. Why don't we have a gathering at a MaxAction motorkhana at Belmont Racecourse carpark in the new year and maybe see a few of us compete?

they didnt bag out my micra, and i showd alot of them who was boss in and out of the hills, had to keep slowing down so they could catch up ;)

but i dont think ill go on too many more of those cruises... 2 crashes :|

but the max action motorkhana sounds like a great idea id be in forshore.. do i need a cams license?

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
david WROTE:

"Would be interested...but my car is not really done up enough I think...whereas if it was a micra thing obviously I would be in.

i see where your comming from mate but id love to get a meet happening in perth so all us micra people can get together compare/discuss etc

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
I'll keep Perth Micra members up to speed on details for the next MaxAction event so we can hopefully get a few Micras in. Won't be till the new year. Can get a CAMS licence on the day.

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Strictly speaking organisers of a a cruise can be held responsible for accidents/damage. That is they should have some public liabilty insurance or if a CAMS affiliated club can organise through them - a new development I read in latest CAMS magazine.

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
This is info I've got back re MaxAction entry:

"Hi Paul,
I would suggest a L2NS CAMS licence as it is $44 for a year, a day licence is $40. Membership to a CAMS affiliated car club is also needed.

Please find the attached info re CAMS licence and Club membership($30 PA). I suggest to bring both docs to the event rather then sending it all of and waiting for it to be back in time for the event.
Cheers,
Norbert

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
What is a CAMS licence and what does it allow you to do?

Attachments

• 30545.jpg
    30545.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 39

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
CAMS is the Confederation of Australian Motosport, the governing body of all levels of non-international level motorsport in Australia. There are a number of different licence levels but the level 2NS (non-speed event) allows you to compete in motorkhanas. It provides basic public liability insurance for yourself. Its not based on any particular skill level attainment, just fill in the forms, pay your money and you're licenced to compete.

The MaxAction events don't have any special requirements like the fitting of fire extinguishers etc. Just need a roadworthy car with some tread on your tyres, the battery firmly located and the brake pedal firm. You don't need a helmet to compete unless it's a convertible. Need to wear long sleeves/trousers and closed shoes.

maat WROTE:

"there a new club thats just started up and is based purely around the modified car scene and get togethers ie cruises in perth.<BR><BR>seeing as there isnt many of us in perth and we never have meets i thought it would be a good idea to have a get together through this club and finally meet up and talk micras :D<BR><BR><A title=http://southstylin.com/ href="http://southstylin.com/" target=_blank>http://southstylin.com/</A><BR><BR>there is a cruise on tomoro day that leads into a BYO BBQ if anyones interested..

just clicked on the link... sounds like that club really took off!

Back