Arches:mad:

Were can i get these Black arches of the March???
kanagawa05-063.jpg

you can still get them form a source i found in japan. Solarice would comfirm this aswell as this is who going to bring my set in once i get my money together.

i think there around the £400 mark probably more now.

Surely somebody could make some moulds or something though? i just dont get how something like sum arches can be so impossible to get or re-create?

josh

A better pic of those ebay arches below (not as smooth as the other type)...those should be easy to source in Japan aswell...dunno how much cheaper you could get them than the ebay price...but remember you'll probably have vat etc on top of those ebay ones (for anyone thinking of buying :))

Attachments

• marchARCH.JPG
    marchARCH.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 371
Surely somebody could make some moulds or something though? i just dont get how something like sum arches can be so impossible to get or re-create?

josh

we need a member who was a panelbeater for 20yrs :wasntme: to knock up some copies, so that k6 can make a batch of carbon ones eh ?
(they would have to be "bond-ons" tho, those screw holes would be nigh impossible to replicate fwn)

:laugh: Frank you have been busy, have you got all four arches done? Or is this just the one to test?

Im sure I can have a go at it, not sure how nice they will look as the tank guard that I am working is a strong weave and I am doing 2 layers so doesnt look that sexy but its strong which is what you need.
Not sure how they will turn out but happy to give it go. (Y)

Have you still got those slick tyres too?

Japan only i think mate (unless you get lucky and find a secondhand set in 4x100)...tbh minilite or similar wheels will give you same look for less cost.

:laugh: Frank you have been busy, have you got all four arches done? Or is this just the one to test?

Im sure I can have a go at it, not sure how nice they will look as the tank guard that I am working is a strong weave and I am doing 2 layers so doesnt look that sexy but its strong which is what you need.
Not sure how they will turn out but happy to give it go. (Y)

Have you still got those slick tyres too?

yeh just the one k6 :grinning:, personally i,d prefer some skinny lightweight carbon ones like this pic
http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=12502&stc=1&d=1238773397
and does that weave you,re using need to be sandwiched (in 2 moulds) and highbaked ?
and yeh, i,ve got you some plum tyres, mounted on steelies ;)

Attachments

• PICT0248.JPG
    PICT0248.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 408
iv looked at the minilite and they dont seem to do he same depth or they do have the same depth but have the 4 x108 stud fitting

Here you go, some in Japan link below only 150000 yen for buy it now!

Which is about £1013, then shipping to get them here, for four alloys?

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r48258828

:wasntme:

yeh just the one k6 :grinning:, personally i,d prefer some skinny lightweight carbon ones like this pic
http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=12502&stc=1&d=1238773397
and does that weave you,re using need to be sandwiched (in 2 moulds) and highbaked ?
and yeh, i,ve got you some plum tyres, mounted on steelies ;)

Hi,
I can get hold of a different weave, and give it go, shall I try it on your one mold?

iv looked at the minilite and they dont seem to do he same depth or they do have the same depth but have the 4 x108 stud fitting

yeah i know what you mean, i ended up looking at superlight wheels...as they are slightly closer to the design. Though i ended up buying completely different wheels lol.

kp6fs i was just lookiing on yahoo auctions for an watanabe example price...looks like you beat me to it :D

yeah i know what you mean, i ended up looking at superlight wheels...as they are slightly closer to the design. Though i ended up buying completely different wheels lol.

kp6fs i was just lookiing on yahoo auctions for an watanabe example price...looks like you beat me to it :D

do you have links or pics of the ones you were going to get? i was wanting some like them when i sold my black ones, but settled for the eunos wheels in the end

Hi,
I can get hold of a different weave, and give it go, shall I try it on your one mold?

k6, would they only "look right" if they were formed between 2 moulds with impregnated weave, and then baked (rather than layed up wet, on a single mould) ?

just got me some of them he he he :p

p.s loveing the metallica quot!

Darn i thought i was going to be the first one to get some :D

Hehe saw them last week at the nec, everyone says that song is cr#p but i love it, good driving song lol.

sorry bud :wasntme: u'll probs have them on ur car before me i have no time with the babey nearly here, i did want some minilites at first but setteld with the 14" mx5 eunos wheels but seen these and ther are way better in desine and closer in desine too

what color are you going for?

Back