apexi safc's

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
basically are these any good?

read a few things about them and have an idea but i still not sure what these actually do. i know the alter fuel/air mixture but not to what extent. are they of any benefit?

cheers graeme :)

edit: chie, i know you got one so i'm looking in your direction lol

was jst gonna say - speak to chie!

Anyway, his is really good, and has help him alot, will let him explain tho!

personally i would say get one , theres 8 point mapping on a high and lo setting, basically you have 12 points in total, you can set the changeover pointfrom hi to lo, say: 50% throttle and above it will go to the higher setting, and any less throttle is in essance a economy thing, you can set it to monitor mode to give airflow in %, rpms, and throttle %, off the top of my head i think itll go up to 50% rich or lean, and the points can be set to 500rpm increments up to 10k rpm iirc, but i just set mine upto 7k im really bad at explaining things lol, i would personally recomend it but i would read up on it
chie

Stand alone Nissan Micra challenge ecu's sell for around £400 which is alot cheaper than £1000 new. But i know its out of the majority of people's budget's.

Mike

They use Pectel T2 ecu's that are mapped for the micra challenge rally car's but this can be altered to be the same as on my car or for cars without cams.

Mike

i don't think the rules of f1000 would allow such modifications as none factory ECU with a none factory map.

These were not used in the F1000 series. Im talking about the previous 160bhp K11 rally car's, this is a cut down version of the one's they use. I think they were running around 120-130bhp in those car's.

Best bit of the ecu is the 7750rpm cut off.
[attachment=1631]
Mike

Unless i hear otherwise i will spilt this thread in two tonight, Dr Zoidberg and chie its up to you, as you are the main contributors to this thread if you would want this done.

Mike

Back