Anything I can do to make it quicker?

Hi all, only posted a few times on here. My nan owns a 1997 1.0 Micra, in purple, and has decided to give up driving it and attempting to sell it. (for £400!) Considering it's just gone through an MOT, had a new clutch 2 years ago, and done less than 50,000 miles, I think it's a bit of a steal really, hence why I'm thinking about having it for myself...

Now, I'm just wondering what my options are in terms of performance. Obviously the 1.0 isn't anywhere near quick, although it probably returns amazing mpg etc but I'm not really interested in that. Basically, what engines are available for it, and how difficult would it be to change over? Would something out of a primera etc fit into it without too much hassle, or do I have to mess about with getting custom mounts/driveshafts etc made up.

The plan is for a "sleeper" type car, an old picture of it will show why...

abcd0002ou0.jpg

Any comments/ideas welcome :)

ga16de(1.6 16v)

piece of cake to fit and 125bhp easy power, with the power to weight ratio it makes for fun driving and 15.5 sec quarter mile(b16 vti civic does a quarter in 15.9s)

An SR20DE will also fit with custom mounts and shafts, and aswell as producing more power than the GA16DE it is also lighter than the GA16DE.

You will still need a couple of custom mounts for a GA16DE.

cg13, dead easy fit, nothing custom needed, days job, 4 branch manifold and decat exhaust, plus cams, injectors, oem remap will see well over 100bhp.

An SR20DE will also fit with custom mounts and shafts, and aswell as producing more power than the GA16DE it is also lighter than the GA16DE.

You will still need a couple of custom mounts for a GA16DE.

this has been said before,although the ammount of work and money to carry out an sr20 conversion is excessive to the point where you could actually buy a faster car for the cost of the conversion

ga16 conversion costs 500 max

sr20 conversion around 2k

cg13, dead easy fit, nothing custom needed, days job, 4 branch manifold and decat exhaust, plus cams, injectors, oem remap will see well over 100bhp.

100bhp is pittyful though and not worth a lost day to be honest!!!!!!!!!!!

An SR20 conversion doesn't have to cost 2k. If you have the skills to do some of it yourself it can be not much more than a GA16.

If you are unable to do the work yourself, even a GA16 will become expensive.

Put a CG13 in and buy a Direct Port Wizards of Nos kit for £650

An SR20 conversion doesn't have to cost 2k. If you have the skills to do some of it yourself it can be not much more than a GA16.

If you are unable to do the work yourself, even a GA16 will become expensive.

Put a CG13 in and buy a Direct Port Wizards of Nos kit for £650

nos is for losers......................its pretend power!!!!!!!!!!!!

if an sr20 conversion is gunna cost you 500 quid to do then i would be reporting you to vosa cos theres clearly some important stuff amiss

nos is for losers......................its pretend power!!!!!!!!!!!!

if an sr20 conversion is gunna cost you 500 quid to do then i would be reporting you to vosa cos theres clearly some important stuff amiss

I reckon it's possible to do it closer to a grand, the main differences are the mounts, you need the loom, ecu and driveshafts.

I would be extremely shocked if half decent DIY SR20 conversion cost 2k.

Nitrous is hardly pretend power, it essentially does the same thing a turbo and supercharger do.

Saying an SR20 conversion costs 2k is the same as saying a turbo conversion will cost 6k, the costs are considerably lower if you can do the work yourself.

I reckon it's possible to do it closer to a grand, the main differences are the mounts, you need the loom, ecu and driveshafts.

I would be extremely shocked if half decent DIY SR20 conversion cost 2k.

Nitrous is hardly pretend power, it essentially does the same thing a turbo and supercharger do.

Saying an SR20 conversion costs 2k is the same as saying a turbo conversion will cost 6k, the costs are considerably lower if you can do the work yourself.

thats a load of balls, i know how to do an sr20 conversion funnily enough ol scone.................

2k is peanuts for a decent conversion

ie decent brakes,decent suspension, i wouldrnt dream of running an sr20 conversion without daiyama coilovers!!!! theres alot of factors which i cant be bothered going into with people who can talk a "geed" conversion

the proofs in the pudding,show me an sr20 conversion for a grand that i would feel safe getting into

So why wouldn't you need the same suspension and brakes in the GA16? 70mph is 70mph apart from with the SR20 in you have less weight to stop and turn.

Back