anyone with a 1.6 k11

R

RIK

has anyone in the club actually done a 1.6 conversion on a k11? if so ide like to talk to them,or if you know anyone that has done it,pm me,e-mail me,add me to msn please i need info and loads of details on this:)

i havent doen the conversion but i have a fair amount of information if you want it. i believe, that no one actually within the club has doen the 1.6 conversion but they have been done and i believe george is working on one as we speak.

if i can help i will

What's required? Loom, ECU, custom driveshafts and gearbox?

It's so tempting - but the insurers would have a field day!

because i use my car every day i cant really be off the road messing about puttin the 1.6 in and also i have a 1.3 spare anyway so i mite aswell jus straight swap them,to save money and time! if i had a 2nd car to drive while doing the conversion it would be alot easier but i cant afford to buy one at the moment.

this is the last thing i need wen im allready in debt! n now have to lend more to get it fixed!!

Rik get the sen over to Wath, I've got a Carina i'm tryin to flog for £300 it'll do you as a run around, Mot'd till xmas with a fair bit of tax on it I think. My mum's been using it to drive to and from Sheffield while her pug was off the road.

but i have no muny,,im £860 in debt,n now i goto pay for a garage to fit a new engine,,if i had the muny i would,that wuld av bin better for me cos i wuld like to do a 1.6 conversion

yeah gaz had done it, his was for sale too few month back. I think nuttybabez was going to buy it, but im not sure if she did.

jus a couple of questions,

do i have to change driveshafts or can i use 1.3 ones i have?
does the gear linkage need modifyin?
and which engine mounts need changing?

1 more question..wen i tuk the cams out of the 1.3 i jus tuk the cam cover off then unbolted them ,but wen you fit them back in do you have to take the head off for any reason? or can i put em back in the same way i tuk them out

r8 ive found an engine but i dunno if it the rite one,its 1.6 injection from a p reg primera ,is the rite year?or is the one with carbs better?

if this is rite then im gunna buy it ,its only got 22k on clock and wants £200 for it

go for it rik so long as you have all of the extras like drive shafts mount, ecu, TB alternator, manifold, leads etc. ALL the bits just in case then you will not have to trail around getting them after.

but that engine at that price is good

ye i no,,ive now found a full engine,with everything i will need for £400,,but i can get the price down if i no exactly wot i need,,

like i dont know if i need the loom ,if the 1.3 one is ok t use r not
and if i need custom shafts i wont need those either

if sum 1 can tell me exactly wot i need n wot i wont need that wuld b great,,im hoping to get one this weekend r next i have money waiting now

r8 i have had a chat to george tonight and hes talked me thru wot problems he cum across and i cant see those stopin me from going ahead with it,so if i make sum more fonecalls tomorow n try n get a cheaper engine, its all goin to start this weekend hopefully! btw this is goin to take longer than j.a.kellys due to work and uncle bein at work so this project is only hapenin in every bit of spare time i have! which means its not gunna be rushed so it mite be a good thing:)

the primera engine has fell thru ,,but i have found another one!

can anyone tell me how to tell the diference between a multy piont and single piont injection engine just by lookin?i need the multy point one rite?

the car is an almera 1.6 and tis on N or M reg ,im going to look at it tomorow and need to know wot im lukin out for before i go!

By looking at the key, if it has a little square of coloured plastic in it it has NATS, if not, it doesn't

ok cheers,wot about the muly or single point injection ?is ther much diference in performance and how can u tell between these?

this is gonna sound daft but its the best way of describing it, it will have more than one injector if its a multipoint,

there will be four along the back of the airbox and going into the inlet manifold.

other features will be the airbox design...your will look almost identical to a CA13DE but the carb on..single point (GA16d) will have a rounded airbox.

if i remember correctly the mulitpoint injection GA16DE's ran from 1993 through and the spec was later updated in 1995! this update was to change the angle at which the injectors shoot fuel into the inlet manifold and this resulted in a gain of bhp and power. 102 IIRC

whereas the pre 1995 was only 98bhp

thats wot i needed,,cheers,was goin to look at an almera tomorow but found out from j.a.kelly that ther only about 88bhp n the primera is around 100bhp so ide rather go hunting around for a week r so rather than rush into it,

got things to do first,,like take the 1.3 out lol

the sentra's a jap ga16de isnt it?

i would go for the almera as the best 1.6 engine. it will be one of the newest. not sure of bhp its not 88bhp though.

if im messing around doing this conversion with the water pump pulley,driveshaft,mounts,,,list goes on! lol im not just gunna use the first engine i cum across,obviously i want the newest one i can get with low milage! but also wots the point in putting a 1.6 engine in if its less bhp than the 1.3 i have just taken out! if the almera is less power than the primera im not using it!

i think a 1.3 engine is around 75bhp, so if an almera 1.6 is only 88bhp theres no point realy. id go for the 1.6 primera! actually my dad is selling his primera next week, 1.6, 90k+ tho!

well for starters its not 88bhp its 98bhp

your 1.3 is modified compared to a standard engine. Once that GA16 if modified it will have more then the 1.3. Plus the 1.6 will always benifit from more torque from the extra 300cc's

ye thats the whole point in putting the 1.6 in,

anyway ive jus bought an engine,,1.6 n reg almera 40k on the clock
its bein deliverd on monday/tuesday,its in cood condition,the car its from had a rear end bump and its spotless,can gate started now i supose(slowly does it!!)

sounds like a good engine there.

Attachments

• DSCF0053.JPG
    DSCF0053.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 244
  • DSCF0054.JPG
    DSCF0054.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 242
  • DSCF0055.JPG
    DSCF0055.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 224
  • DSCF0056.JPG
    DSCF0056.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 235
  • DSCF0058.JPG
    DSCF0058.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 245
  • DSCF0059.JPG
    DSCF0059.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 223
  • DSCF0060.JPG
    DSCF0060.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 213
hey peeps!!

lovin the 1.6 micra!! Quality.

Jus on the bhp score...according to parkers the almeras are 88bhp, and primeras 98bhp. This is the info i went off, so if its wrong its parkers to blame, not me. Dont like it wen ppl get shirty on ere for no reason.

Anyway mini rant over, HUGH...yes the engine was in wen i came to mcds...saw you n ya newly painted bumpers!! - will show ya car asap matey.

1.6 conversion is good...but there is significant problems with the pully catching the chassis leg!! jus a word of warning for ya all!! Not sure of the best way around this as yet.

JK

didnt see anyone get shirty here? for the 98bhp 1.6 almera engine i got my data from parkers.co.uk technical section.

well to add, we are both right.

there are 2 almera 1.6 engines that are 85bhp

http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/specs/data.aspx?model_id=588&id=16678

lol

JK

from whatcar.co.uk
almera 1.6
Max power (bhp/rpm) 99/6000
Max torque (lb ft/rpm) 100/4000

i would trust this. parkers has some messed up figures in its database quite often.

seen the pics on cisco's with the inner wing cut out to fit the pully in!,,i think this is the best way to go around this and if its done properly its an MOT pass,,if not the only other option is the electric water pump which j.a.kelly is looking into at the moment,

j.a.kelly wuld you mind fetchin yur car over for us to look at so we can see the parts we think wer gunna strugle to do,its allways better to av a look the sumone trying to describe to ya,if not arange to meet up sumwere? oh and let us know any news on the water pump problem, my engines bein deliverd on monday/tuesday n cant w8 to start!! cheers

nice one,did u need to modify them?

but doesnt it depend on wer the engine sits in the bay?because ther not all going to be in the exact same position due to changing mounts ec

and how to tell if it has nats is if its 95-00 its a longish rectangualr key with a yellow square!

if its 00-onwards its a little chunky squarish key which says nats on it

before theses 2 its just a std key which has nissan on it that doesnt have nats if ur still confused i cantake pics of the 3 diff types of keys ??

its jan 96 onwards nats system. though i think some had a dealer fit option for a imobilizer.

Back