information on 1.6 micra k11 engine conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

use

:k11motors who has the 1.6 engine in there k11 micra. cause i am putting a 1.6 sr in my march and i need information on the driveshaft and engine mounts any1 wid pictures or info pleaz contact me on [email protected] am a owner of a REAL march wid abs rear disc power steerin air con lsd gearbox and much more!!!!!!!! just remember T.P.C i really need this info as soon as possible 2 get this beast on the road if u cant contact me on my e-mail pleaz do on this site

someone is selling one on here.... i think its j.kelly

Rik has pictures of his conversion.
Jakelly has the actual car, but it isnt running right.
He should use a 1.6 loom for it to work (just engineside loom)

Not convinced that it's just in the loom for his car. Just something weird about the engine.

You'll need one custom mount for the engione, and also one for the gearbox. I use the GA16 box mated to the CG13 (was alot of work!), and i just use standard driveshafts (1.3 ones). But i go through them about every two months so you better for custom ones :)

Id say that it was titch.
A 1.3 engine with a 1.6 ECU works correctly, although fueling is out etc.
a 1.6 engine with a 1.3 ECU works correctly, although fueling is out etc.
Theres no difference in the wiring on the cockpit side of the car.
IF you were to get a 1.6 engine, and mount it - THEN use the ORIGINAL 1.6 plugs injectors etc and follow them back to where the pins sit in the plug of the ECU, and replace it with the one that is currently on the car, plug that into a 1.6 ecu and it will work with no hesitations.
That is what i will be trying this summer. (i hope ive been clear enough :))

Thx ian i diddnt know that - ill be sure to print both the 1.3 and 1.6 harness diagrams and follow it there :)
Rik - how much did you conversion cost? ;)

i have a full 1.6block for sale if anyone fancies the challenge, engine, box, loom, rad etc etc

Dusk is right, the only problem james has with the car when it's idle which can only really be TB trouble, I'd put money on it being the hybrid loom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back