anyone know Vb (visual basic)?

superls

K10 Tuner
hi does anyone know vb.net?

i have a problem i need to get around and its doing my head in.

basically i want it to execute something when a combination of keys are pressed.

the keys i want are ctrl + e.

any takers?

cheers

p.s. this may seem really simple but ive only just started learning and reading through my book and looking on the net is hurting my head now and i just cant seem to get it to work.

you can add ctrl e as a shortcut to a menu option easily enough - eg. file / Edit

as for capturing multi key input, by default I believe vb uses an event handler for the keyboard, i.e every key press is added to a queue of events. This is obviously not what you want. You want to look at keyboard State rather then a list of events.

GetAsyncKeyState() will allow you to look at the state of A key. You can thus use it to look at the state of x number of keys with basic logic or control structures.

Incidentally, why are you learning visual basic? why not c# or c++ etc?

cheers rich ill look into what you have said,

basically we use it quite a bit at work, but we have dedicated software people for it, but ive overhered them talking about it and have always been interested in having ago, ultimately so i can handle a few of my own small projects rather than having to hand them over to someone else. as im a hardware engineer and dont really get into software very often, i can write plc code but only small simple programs.

but another reason is (im still not sure if it will work) i have a multi channel data logger that im going to hook up to a few sensors on the car, speed, rpm, throttle position, afr etc, and i want to make a graphical interface for it that i could run on my laptop to show whats happening, (sounds a bit fast and the furious i know, but oh well, lol)

I wrote some data logging systems with vb before, but it was just too bulky and the timer caused it to hang after a few minutes, I ended up writing it in C++ which ran much better.

no rich i didnt, what you said confused me a little, and i got sidetracked doing something else, will have another look today if a get a spare half hour.

AS computing?

I did that last year, with VB, can't remember any of it though. I can't remember if I sold my text book back to college as well. Although if you're doing AS or A2, then we probably have the same one.

Back