Basic but effective alarm needed

S

stevenb

Hi all.

Since finding my father a cracking little Micra '93 1.3 LX I found it doesn't have an immobiliser.
Can anyone recommend an alarm system thats basic but effective.
No gimmicks required......the car doesnt have central locking either so something to protect the bonnet, boot and the 2 doors will be fine.
Don't want to spend much really....£50 tops...maybe a touch more if it's worth it.
Any thoughts or opinions appreciated....

Thanks

Steve

Ebay! I got some random singapore thing and surprisingly it works very well. I cant show you the specific product as its a few years old, made by someone nobody has ever heard of, but there are a few cheap ones on there im sure would work well.

Hi all.

Since finding my father a cracking little Micra '93 1.3 LX I found it doesn't have an immobiliser.
Can anyone recommend an alarm system thats basic but effective.
No gimmicks required......the car doesnt have central locking either so something to protect the bonnet, boot and the 2 doors will be fine.
Don't want to spend much really....£50 tops...maybe a touch more if it's worth it.
Any thoughts or opinions appreciated....

Thanks

Steve

Insurance won't recognise the alarm unless it's a recognised manufacturer and professionally fitted.

If it gets broken into, and you don't have the certificate of installation then they won't pay out. It's worth spending the money on a decent alarm system

If it gets broken into, and you don't have the certificate of installation then they won't pay out. It's worth spending the money on a decent alarm system

Yes they would! if you have third party, fire & theft - regardless of approved alarm or not. The only benefit to an approved one is it provides further discount on cover, whereas normal ones dont.

yea my friend bought a good one from Hong kong for approx £90, got someone to fit it for £100. it has remote start and the windows shut when you lock the car, quite smart.

£50 is a bit modest.......pump it up a bit :)

i had a self fitted alarm on my k10 i basically had to sign a piece of paper with my insurance docs to say yes there is and alarm and its make and model knocked a good £50 off my premium :) i had a microsacn AN213 which was £90 from motorworld, very good kit and not to harsh on the pocket :)

Thanks for your replies.

I have found two alarm systems that are under £50.
The Microscan one seems the best bet.
As my father has already been quoted a really cheap price for insurance anyway then he's happy just to have an alarm as a mild deterant anyway.

Cheers all

Steve

I have that alarm on mine too but it also has the motion sensor attatched to it. Someone scumbag bent my door back and unlocked the door setting the alarm off. It must have give them a shock as the door was closed meaning they had probably slammed the door back shut when it went off!. I was a bent door worse off but at least i still had my car and belongings.

Thankyou for all your suggestions people.

I have opted for a Falcon one off ebay....Dad was impressed enough. Cheap as chips at £30 but it's an effective deterrent and it'll give my Dad a little peace of mind.

Cheers all

Steve

Back