Anyone fancy doing a clutch on my mums K11?

Hi folks?

What's the going rate for a clutch change on a 1.0 K11 (1993 model) ?

I've bought a QH item off ebay, just need someone to fit it.

Anyone fancy earning a few bob before i do the rounds with the garages getting prices?

I'm located in Bradford, West Yorkshire.

Please drop me a line if interested.

Apologies to the mods if i'm breaking any rules, if so just remove or move the post.

Thanks fwn

just so you know this is a 2 hour max job, so garages shouldnt quote you anymore than £100 as labour per hour in a garage can vary from £35 - £80 per hour, depending on garage obviously, just to give you a guideline when getting quotes, thats if no one can do it off here

nissan charge £375 including parts and the cheapest i could get it through contacts was £210
im in th same position as you i really need a new clutch but am worried about doing ti myself :blush:

Just spoke to my local garage. He said he'll do it for £45, probably less if everything comes off easy.

Nob bad eh?

Sinchro Motors on Whetley Lane, Bradford 8 if anyone's interested. Used them for years, very reliable lot.

Cheers peeps.

Just spoke to my local garage. He said he'll do it for £45, probably less if everything comes off easy.

Nob bad eh?

Sinchro Motors on Whetley Lane, Bradford 8 if anyone's interested. Used them for years, very reliable lot.

Cheers peeps.

that will be just labour i assume ???

£45!!!!! how!? lol i need that but too far :(

When you have a ramp and air tools its a 30min job, was for me at least. :D

Really is one of the easiest clutches you can change if your not that experienced, get a haynes, ask some questions on here then get to work!
May need a friend to help removal and fitting of the box.

Trust me you absolutely love doing it!

When you have a ramp and air tools its a 30min job, was for me at least. :D

Really is one of the easiest clutches you can change if your not that experienced, get a haynes, ask some questions on here then get to work!
May need a friend to help removal and fitting of the box.

Trust me you absolutely love doing it!

Yep it's just labour, i should have said that. Got the clutch kit off eBay.

But even just labour, i think that's a bargain. Might be a little cheaper coz i know the guy but even so i reckon he'd do it for £50 odd for anyone.

I've heard it's an easy job that's probably why it's cheap.

i am starting to think about doing it myself now, would you say the £30 ebay ones are good or am i better getting the LUK clutch?
any tips? :D

(sorry red k11 if im steeling your thread a little....)

pap29

i have found the genuine nissan clutch assy to be far superior to most copy ones, and personally would sooner fit a 1/2 worn genuine one

ive been quoted £120+ to buy a nissan clutch :(
i was advised LUK clutchs were good quality, is this true?
anyway i can get a nissan clutch cheaper?

pap29

i thought exedy was a good make, till i tried a mint looking one on my car (it slipped its t1ts off, so i put my well used nissan one back in o_O )
scrappy is your friend

Back