Anyone else seen this?

He says it has HIYABUSA conrods, im assuming he mean's Hayabusa?..

And are they a straight fit ? :p
Cheap turbo rod's if they are a straight fit :blush:

Anyway's to the point..

NOT WORTH 10k IN MY OPINION:wasntme:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3244320.htm

Just to add, sorry if this is your car and you think im trying to mock it im really not, just would not spend 10k on a k11 :)

View's & opinion's and any info on the busa conrods?

Apparently this was sold when it was last seen at Santa Pod earlier in the year for the same price of £10k, looks like Ray's cars are up for sale more times than most. I wonder what the reason for selling it is....

£10k is VERY cheap for that car given the amount of work that's gone into it. Build the same spec car for less, I think not!

Busa conrods were a weird choice in my opinion, quite close to K11 rods but a little shorter so a piston could be made with a thicker crown for a good bowl size and strength. However given the price of Busa rods it would have been simpler and cheaper to get a set of rods and pistons made together as a one-off especially since Harvey Gibbs has to have a batch of pistons made due to using CP Pistons.....another strange choice too.

Knowing the gearbox ratios that it has from Elite Racing Transmissions, I can say that unless the gearbox was rebuilt again by Ray and it has had another custom gear kit I am dubious of the top speed. With the ratios it had when I last looked at it, it would need to rev to 8700rpm to hit 150mph in 5th......perhaps the final drive was changed out, as 1st - 5th were changed and left on the stock final CW&P. It does however have enough power to top 150mph ;)

1/4mile times are valid though as it ran 14.23 @ 103mph at POD.

If hes spent 25k on it maybe its worth 10k but i wouldnt pay that tbh. If its all about the 13 sec 1/4 mile then silly money doesnt need to be spent to achieve that. As for the 150mph if i removed the rev limit from my old old micra im sure i could have reach that if the gearbox allowed me to

£10,000? You must be having a laugh. Definitely not worth that, but I imagine it's quite a fun car. And it's been seen everywhere as well

Back