Anyone else seen this?

He says it has HIYABUSA conrods, im assuming he mean's Hayabusa?..

And are they a straight fit ? :p
Cheap turbo rod's if they are a straight fit :blush:

Anyway's to the point..

NOT WORTH 10k IN MY OPINION:wasntme:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3244320.htm

Just to add, sorry if this is your car and you think im trying to mock it im really not, just would not spend 10k on a k11 :)

View's & opinion's and any info on the busa conrods?

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Apparently this was sold when it was last seen at Santa Pod earlier in the year for the same price of £10k, looks like Ray's cars are up for sale more times than most. I wonder what the reason for selling it is....

£10k is VERY cheap for that car given the amount of work that's gone into it. Build the same spec car for less, I think not!

Busa conrods were a weird choice in my opinion, quite close to K11 rods but a little shorter so a piston could be made with a thicker crown for a good bowl size and strength. However given the price of Busa rods it would have been simpler and cheaper to get a set of rods and pistons made together as a one-off especially since Harvey Gibbs has to have a batch of pistons made due to using CP Pistons.....another strange choice too.

Knowing the gearbox ratios that it has from Elite Racing Transmissions, I can say that unless the gearbox was rebuilt again by Ray and it has had another custom gear kit I am dubious of the top speed. With the ratios it had when I last looked at it, it would need to rev to 8700rpm to hit 150mph in 5th......perhaps the final drive was changed out, as 1st - 5th were changed and left on the stock final CW&P. It does however have enough power to top 150mph ;)

1/4mile times are valid though as it ran 14.23 @ 103mph at POD.

Stani1029

Club Member
If hes spent 25k on it maybe its worth 10k but i wouldnt pay that tbh. If its all about the 13 sec 1/4 mile then silly money doesnt need to be spent to achieve that. As for the 150mph if i removed the rev limit from my old old micra im sure i could have reach that if the gearbox allowed me to

Daniel

I WILL be back...
£10,000? You must be having a laugh. Definitely not worth that, but I imagine it's quite a fun car. And it's been seen everywhere as well