Anybody know?????

Does anyone on these pages actually KNOW anything about 2002 CVT torque converter transmissions? I have asked and asked, and had some reasonable comments that have eliminated some aspects but no one seems to actually KNOW anythng about them, where do parts come from, if they are available oil pumps, sump gaskets, etc, what is the best type of oil, is Dexron 3 good enough etc? I could go for a manual box but I want this one, and I want to fix it. So come on anyone here who knows these secrets?

That's because very few people in the UK drive an automatic, and I would assume that the auto micras didn't sell very well here. American's drive a lot of automatics, but very few of them would buy a tiny hatchback (they wouldn't fit :p)

For those reasons information is going to be limited even on a micra forum, and I will admit I know very little about them. My dad did have one but it was written off in a flood. I considered getting one myself after having a go in it because it seemed a lot more nippy than mine but it was the 1.3 and I have a 1.0 so it was probably that.

even coming by spares could be an issue, if I were you I'd either put the manual one in, or just fit a new autobox in full. Haynes is also a good source of information but they get way too general sometimes, like here's a book covering every micra that nissan made in every country from 1995 until 2008 that had 4 wheels included as standard. There is also the manual in the sticky at the top of the thread list.

Haynes does not cover this transmission I have one and it is worse than useless. I got an automatic as I like autos my Toyota is auto as were many of my other cars. But the real point is I want to fix it there are limited actual moving parts I can fix any auto box except for CVT's I have been a mechanic for many years and it is more a matter simple stubourness, I want to fix it. Time is unimportant and money is not plentiful but it's a challenge to repair this damn thing!

You'll get it in the end, but you might have to pioneer the field and be the one putting out the information rather than getting it unfortunately, there's just not that much out there.

It's like a jigsaw with a couple pieces missing, don't give up just fabricate some new ones lol

Back