Micra K11 2002 Auto Transmission Fluid and Carbon Brushes

Hi Folks,

First post ! Well, let me tell you, trying to take care of the tranmission on my trusty micra. I have read a few articles on this, but I have two questions:

1. Haynes manual says refill the transmission with Dexron IIE or III. The dipstick on the car says only use NS1 fluid from Nissan. Can someone confirm if Dexron III will be OK ?

2. I cannot for the life of me find the tranmission carbon brushes on this car. I have even read some of the post on the web showing pictures of it, but this model looks a bit different. Anyone have a pic or directions to find the brushes so I can check them ?

On another note, to help you fellow members, I found the transmission filter which people think is 80 quid from Nissan for 23 quid. You can get this from http://www.livingstonautoparts.co.uk/ or from www.pentlandcomponents.com/ Livingston auto parts is more expensive, but they did price match at 22 pounds actually. Also, make sure you have a filter removal tool from www.machinemart.co.uk/ before proceeding, as the filter is a b***** to get off. Clarke CHT424 Oil Filter Claw Wrench.

Also, make sure you order some crusher washers for the transmission oil sump plug. These are murder to get anywhere. I had to order from Nissan at 53p each plus vat.

If you can help me, I'd really appreciate it.

Power to the Micra !

Paul