You know you're obsessed when...

This is my first thread...hope it's okay here (not K10, 11, 12 or 13 specific)

When i tell someone i drive a Micra, they tend to look at me oddly...like there must be something wrong in my head <_<
After i explain a little about it...tax £30, 65 MPG, in my current K12 model anyhow...they actually look interested.
Why are people so dismissive?...perhaps it's because they simply don't understand.
Jo Public is obsessed with Horse Power, built in MP3/satnav, looking cool and having a car thier mates have got, or gets them ladies :rolleyes: they don't want a "crappy Granny" car LOL

Most of us Love our respective micras...we are to the point of obsession...so...I know i'm obsessed with my baby :p

...are you?

...and how? not why...we know why ;)

EG: You know you're obsessed when...you spend ages looking...and find your car on Google maps street view!

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/mycarGoogle_maps1.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/mycarGoogle_maps2.jpg

You name your car...you spend more than 4 hours cleaning it....by yourself, because you don't trust anyone not to scratch the paintwork etc...

So...how do you know you're obsessed? ^_^

Gosh I hope it's not just me ROTFL

I'd say I'm slightly obsessed (my partner will say differently) how.... since passing my test almost 4 years ago I've always had a micra, with a couple of other cars thrown in for good measure, but I've always gone back to a micra. They've always been given names and I talk to them when I'm by myself (yes I know it's sad, but it keeps me entertained on long journeys)

...Same here...I talk to her...
"What's this loon in the Beamer upto...nah mate, this is our lane!" *revs* LOL

I wanted to name mine Cherry (wierdly...can't believe wierdly...I didnt name my first 2...I loved them, but it never came up some how)
My current Micra (K12) is arctic white and I had one of those cherry ariel ball things on it and one of my work mates said she looked like a cherry bakewell...exceedingly good :p
I toyed with a few languages as i didn't just wanna call her cherry...or morello...I really liked YingTao (the mandarin chinese for Cherry)
but...Her name is "Yoshino"... :D

I know...I'm odd

I'm constantly trying to persuade my friends to get Micra's (either they've just passed their test or their car is falling apart etc...) no takers yet though

When i passed my test 8 years ago...gosh thats scary...I got my first car, a K10 LS 1.0 G reg, for a bargain price of £200...we'd actually knocked him down from £225 :p
It was so rubbish (as in only one wing mirror, no mod cons etc) that i still pine for her now
...she was such a character, for a while after i sold the K10 I kept an eye out to buy it back and was very upset when i discovered that she had been scrapped :(
...if only i'd said i'll buy it back... <_<
the only reason i ever sold the K10 was because another bargain arose...a K11 ...had her until Yoshino came into my life in 2009 LOL
all 3 cars i've ever owner have been Micra's...and i wouldn't have it any other way

ETA:...Also found my mums SVE on Google street view...and rather worryingly you can see her reg number *facepalm*

ETA2: blurred it out... http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/mumscarGoogle_maps.jpg

You've definitely got it bad Jen (and yes both of you, I talk to mine too :D).

-named my first turqouise slx micra Pollymobile1 and 2nd grey slx micra Pollymobile2

-found pollymobile2 on streetview

scaled.php

-joined a micra club

-attend meetings/events with other micras

-have a blog about ur micra

-check msc or micra.com.au every 30mins for any news posts incase someone comments on ur blog or someone needs help

-check autotrader every day for 1.3 SLX's to monitor the market value and if there's any mint condition micras

-have a whole folder on ur HDD dedicated full of stuff bout micras (purchases, weblinks, photos, videos, spreadsheets, datalogs, 3d models)

-never trusting garages with working on ur micra or always double checking/redo their work to ur standards

-always on a lookout for other micras (and slam into a lamp post along the way :p)

-know how to disassemble the micra without the manual and what size of sockets required

-only find the micras mechanical driving interface most satisfying compared to newer cars sluggish drive-by wire interfaces

-spend most of ur budget on ur micra

When i passed my test 8 years ago...gosh thats scary...I got my first car, a K10 LS 1.0 G reg, for a bargain price of £200...we'd actually knocked him down from £225 :p
It was so rubbish (as in only one wing mirror, no mod cons etc) that i still pine for her now
...she was such a character, for a while after i sold the K10 I kept an eye out to buy it back and was very upset when i discovered that she had been scrapped :(
Amazing, my first car when I passed my test.... 8 years ago too... was a K10 LS!

I'm still addicted, even though I haven't owned one for a while, I had four in the end, 2 K10s and 2 K11s. One of my K10s is still on Street View too:

k10.png

Phew... *wipes brow* ...glad I'm not the only one LOL

and Yes Guy, I definitly got it bad :D

Oh cool James *Hi5*
The most basic car, still has that hold over my heart too :p
by the way is that the camper van conversion i read of in another thread?...looks awesome ;)

- when you pull into a parking lot, you always try to park near another micra

- feeling a bit down because there were no other micras to park near :(

- when the high point of the day was parking beside an identical micra and seeing the owner checking out your car :D

- having a bone stock micra and still regarding it as being awesome

- having owned everything from sports cars to big pick-up trucks, and still considering the micra to be the most fun

naming streets/roads after em
MYOLDKPLATEK111O.jpg

explaining self explanitory pics in defence
MYOLDKPLATEK111O.jpg

taking to many st view pics :) and asking all who enter "what do you think of this car alright isnt it"
and some twats cant sit in it banned :).upya

when im up an hour early and stay behind after finish worj at 5 until half 9 to fit my new engine because i cnt wait 1 week till im off :D

Back