Anybody in or near Greater London available to help K10 owner? £££+beer waiting!

Well, I am the proud owner of a 1992 K10 1.0 litre Micra! With just over 30,000 miles on the clock, it is in pretty good nick, although I dont think its ever been serviced in its life.

I am not mechanically minded, so was wondering if there were any K10 owners near or around London, that wouldnt mind helping me do a first major service. I willl buy all the bits, all you gotta do is help me do the oil change / filter change etc (I couldnt find the dipstick on the damn thing today! :doh: ). I WILL, OF COURSE, PAY YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND ELBOW GREASE!!!

So, if youre in or near London, pls feel free to post up here or just shoot me a PM.

:D

:)

Hello folks, I am near Potters Bar, North London. :D

I dont mind travelling a little, although not too much as teh little 1.0 litre doesnt like motorways at all :D

I will use streetmap to see where KT3 is :)

I'm just outside Watford, so not too far, what do you have in mnd for a service?
Craig

Thanks to all for their reply - Mike, I have sent you an email as you are (unlucky enough :D ) to be the closest to where I live.

THANKS TO ALL WHO REPLIED OFFERING TO HELP - MANY THANKS!

Get yourself a haynes manual mate! Will help you out on the simple tasks alot

Is still 10x easier with some-one there to help show you where the thigs are though

hey, sorry to hijack/stumble upon this thread.

But I'm in NW London, again on the A41, Edgware. Just bout my first car, micra k10

It's been garaged for a year and wont start without jumpleads. If anyone's in the neighbourhood and fancies a tinker sometime. Let me know :)

Cheers

Munkeyboi

I'm in St Albans, so close to Potters bar. Got naff all automotive knowledge but am pretty handy with a spanner if you need a spare pair of hands

Hi Greg,

Thanks for kind offer.

Got caught on speed cam in potters bar, damn thing :(

Am hopefully getting a new battery tomorrow, which I'm praying solves my starting woes.

Shall keep you posted :)

Still need to get car fit for mot, but aside from wipers and possibly the thing that holds the battery in place, got no idea what else to do.

Want to change engine oil and coolants at some point.

Air and oil filters too.

But that'll have to wait til i get some pennies.

I'm in St Albans, so close to Potters bar. Got naff all automotive knowledge but am pretty handy with a spanner if you need a spare pair of hands

Ooooooohh finally another person from St. A :eek: We're gonna have to arrange a meet sometime!

I'm reasonably hands-on with my car but will not so politely refuse any requests for engine swaps lol. Basic servicing shouldn't be a problem and I wont charge the earth for the job :p

Should have started a new thread rather then bring an old one back up...

Sounds like the battery is duff, get a halfords trade card and get a cheap battery from there ;)

Should have started a new thread rather then bring an old one back up...

yeah, I did apologize for hijacking the thread already.

Sorry, again. Hope that helps.

Thanks for info, general consensus is it's the battery 2nd hand one going in later tonight.
**************UPDATE***************************

Got a 2nd hand battery and whacked it in.

It started. Woo hooooo.

Aside from new wipers and rust spots,

Got ###### all idea what else needs sorted for mot.

Want to do a service, change fluids, check brakes/ hand brake. That sorta thing.

Although not done anything like that before. eeek

Back