London to Mongolia in a 15yr old Micra K10!!

Hi everybody,

I'm not a regular poster on this website but the forums have helped me out on a few occaisions with my trusty K10 and I thought you might like to read about what Im doing this summer.

In July, myself and a mate are doing something utterly stupid. Driving our K10, which I bought off ebay for £50, 8,000miles over 2 deserts, 5 mountain ranges and 18 countries from London to Mongolia!
To be honest, we are crapping ourselves. We don't know how to get there, or how to get back. Our route takes in Turkey, Azerbaijan, Iran, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Siberia before dropping into Mongolia for the final 1000miles.

Its all in the name of adventure, and of course, charidee. In fact, we have about £4000 to raise...

Check out http://www.mongolfrauds.co.uk for info, to sign up for news updates along the way and to sponsor us!
Our team name is The Mongol Frauds. We're regretting it now cos people thing we're taking the ####, but I assure you that its all above board!

We really need things like a roof rack, jerry cans for petrol, spares, ACinverters and of course, cash. We can offer the sides and bonnet of the car to anyone with a business who would like to sponsor us!
We could also do with a lot of advice as neither of us are anywhere near being mechanics. The most I've done is fit a battery and change a wheel...

Anyway, wish us luck. This could possibly be the greatest advert for Japanese engineering there is!

I heart my K10.

Harry + Simon

Yes, its a yearly event and only a special few make the right choice and take it on in a Micra.
Last year someone raised £5k because he was going in a Robin Reliant. He broke down at Calais! 2CVs fared pretty well too. The challenge is to do it ina Bedford van, or better still, an IceCream van.
The only rule of the rally is that you must do it in a car of under one litre in engine size...

Please help us! You might see a post from us in Russia asking for advice on suspension/ignition...

Welcome to the club, and good luck with the challenge!

We were texting the guys that did it last year, there car made it fine so you shouldnt have any probs! We know the K10 is more than capable of doing it, anyways, post pics of the car and of your journey and if you need any help, im sure people will be more than willing to help

how come my K11 wont even get to bloody dundee? :(

lol seriously though, good luck and will sponsor as soon as pay day turns up

Back