Any difference in the Super S engine?

i was just wondering if there is any difference in the Super S engine over the 1.3 engine in the other models?
e.g. cams, flywheel, gearing.

tried looking but couldn't find much apart from the fact that the Super S has more bhp per tonne by about 6bhp :L

agh right i see :) would import models be mapped any differently? I got told that import models have more guts in them as they don't have to meet certain requirements.. not sure if its true or not tho?

I believe the import cg13 are only meant to be 1274cc not sure if that's true but definitely read it. The import engines are built better and stronger than our nailed together lumps but all have the same potential. Especially after you've taken it apart a few hundred times :)

Only difference I've ever come accross is the plastic cam cover on the import ones which keeps the under bonnet temps down by an insignificantly small amount...

the cam cover on my super s is aluminium and thats from italy :) so they are basically the same engine then haha.. one thing i have noticed is that the roof is made of a sheet of metal on the super where as the micro dot i got now is significantly thicker.. but don't think this will affect it much, probably 10-15 kg extra weight

Japanese (AK11?) micras have the plastic cam cover. I don't think the shells are different except holes for the spoiler and pop out windows tbh

I believe Cisco over in AUS had both a UK spec and a Jap spec engine and noted there were no real differences.

Back